Thread: Hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Sharon A

Hi everyone, my name is Sharon and I live in a small town in Missouri, the nearest fabric store is 50 miles and I don't get there very often though there is a Walmart 20 miles one way and 25 miles the other way...always a Walmart close <smiling>. I have 4 Grandchildren and I watch my youngest G'daughter and take her to pre-school everyday. I love working on quilts and have several tops completed, and a cheater quilt <king> over half completed. I love quilting, scrapbooking and taking and printing photo's. The problem I have is putting the border on, the tops I can piece fine and seem to know what colors to put with what, but when it comes to borders I am very uneasy with it and think I am afrid that I am going to mess up the quilt with the wrong border and since I have never done a border only the quilt tops <which I have learned to do by reading or pictures on the internet> I am very unsure of myself when it comes to the border. I don't have material to go the lenght of the quilt, so do I piece them and how? I have a bolt of muslin backing that I purchased at JoAnns on sale and wondered if I could just cut it larger then the quilt and turn it and stitch it for the border. Any suggestions would be appriciated. I have a couple that I would like to finish for Christmas presents and seem to put off doing them because I have no idea where to start <smiling> Hope to hear from you all soon.