View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 08:24 AM
nursie76

Thanks for the input. I have reviewed the Baileys site, where it does tell that it is a modified machine, and it does show pictures of it (I did notice the PVC handles, which is not aesthetically pleasing as other machines, but I could deal with that). For me $2500 is something I would consider for a long time, but right now the other alternative is a Queen Quilter for $4000. Both amounts make me cringe, but since I am not a real prolific quilter at this time (have yet to make a full size quilt, 2 large lap/twins under my belt) I am very hesitant to spend the larger amount. Even spending $1900 for my used Bernina 440QE and $600 more for an embroidery module (new) I feel like I should be quilting and embroidering 24/7 to justify the expense (just me, no one else has suggested that :shock: ) I guess that is a left over knee jerk reaction from earlier in our marriage when I had to budget 6 months for a bra! :oops: Also, with the economy in the state it is, and being 54 I realize that anything could happen and I want to make sure I get the most for what I can spend.

Your information is very helpful, please keep it coming!