Old 03-15-2010, 02:34 AM
memathomas

Originally Posted by RocketQjQ
Hello,
I'm not sure how I found my way here but I'm glad I did. I really need some help from anyone. My father was recently admitted to a Senior Assisted Living Center in Columbus Ohio. I am his son and I have been living out here in California for the last 30years. After being layed off for the second time, I've suddenly woke up and realized 30yrs have past and I've only been home once. Working in Silicon Valley, life just seemed to fly by. Anyways, my daughter just had a great idea of "obtaining" a Patch Quilt and Ironing on photos of our family. Maybe 25 to 50 photos? I know I could just send him a Photo Album but I think he would love to have a quilt with all his grandkids pictures on it. And here comes my question....since I sew like a Guy with 5 Thumbs, does anyone know where I can buy a full size Patch Work Quilt that has Lots of blank spots all over it so that I can iron on the family photos?? Has anyone ever done this before?? Can quilts be purchased like this? Lord knows if I try to sew one, he'll be 109yrs old before I'm done. It doesn't have to be a fancy or expensive quilt, just one that has about blanks patches all over it for the photos. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will definitely post a picture of the quilt before shipping it to him.

Thank you .....Ron
it can be done but you can't buy it that way first things first you buy fabric sheets at a hobby lobby or somewhere like that (june taylor ) then you print your pictures on the sheets. then you put the sheets in a solution of fabric softener(downy) place them on a towel to dry then press them to set the ink
then you either put it together or find a quilter in your area to put it together for you don't make it too big or heavy too bad your so far away or i would love to help you with this. there are quilters on this board that are in your area

keep me posted

memathomas