Old 03-15-2010, 07:20 AM
n2scraplvr

[quote=brushandthimble]
Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
I forgot .... I have one more picture and it's for all "hosta" lovers as the chair is upholstered with hosta leaves!! (I'm a hosta collector!!) Here's the pic:

I love Hosta's and collect a few, I have maybe 12 - 18 different ones. one would fit in a tea cup and yes, it flowers! another is 3 feet or more wide.

You gave me an idea, now I just need to figure out how to accomplish it. Getting the pattern of hosta leaves onto fabric. Would that be cool or what?
OMG, can't wait to see what you come up with! Will be glad to make your pattern for you. Let me know. It'd be cool. There are 4,000 varieties of hostas. I only have about a dozen and quit collecting as they multiply quickly. Last summer I had to divide some, but basically they're carefree, maintenance free (which I love) and add such beauty and grace to the yard. It's funny that my favorite hosta, Whirlwind, has the same name as one of my favorite quilt blocks -- Whirlwind! I love its growing habit of "going any which way I want." :D My smallest is called Lancelot and it's so tiny the blades only reach about 6" long and it blooms too! The largest is Sum and Substance, a favorite among hosta collectors, about 3 ft. wide so far but they get up to 5'. yikes. Will have to move that one! Glad to know another hosta lover/quilt lover! :D :D