View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 08:38 PM
tlrnhi

Originally Posted by henryparrish76
Yes lesson well learned :)
We all learn like that.
I finally found what I wanted for the center for the Round Robin. I read thru the directions, then started cutting. Part of it had paper piecing. Not a problem. I cut all that I needed. I had JUST ENOUGH fabric to make the center. I started sewing, but the fabric wasn't covering the paper like it was supposed to. I tore it out, reprinted, sewed again. Did this 3 times. Was about to ball it all up and toss it in the corner. Hubby came in and saw me a bit frazzled and asked me what was wrong. I told him. He then picked up the paper with the templates on it and noticed down in the bottom corner in VERY SMALL print......"fabric measurement for template does not include 1/4 inch seam allowance".
UGH!!
Then WHY does it give the measurements on the paper for the cutting if it doesn't include the 1/4" allowance? See what I'm saying? It will say...cut 4 blocks 5 1/2" square. When in all actuallity, you need that square to be 6", to allow for the 1/4 inch seam. Why couldn't they just put that in the directions in the first place?
Now I KNOW why I don't do BOM quilts. That is what this thing was/is. It's the finished pattern AFTER the BOM was done.

Ok, I'm done ranting!