View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 05:25 PM
mpspeedy

I can think of much worse things than a fabric addiction. One of my guilds had a flea market instead of their usual meeting this past thursday. That worked out great for me as I had to go to a funeral. I was able to stop at the sale on my way. I dump all of the change out of my wallet everyday and save it. I don't usually carry a purse so it gets heavy in the wallet in my pocket in a big hurry. I decided to take the change to the counting machine on my way to the sale. After the counting fee I still had $71.31. That gave me lots to spend at the sale. I got two finished small quilt tops along with their backings and even the binding already prepared. There are some great quilters in my guild. I couldn't believe my luck. I have already sandwhiched and starting to quilt both tops. I promised one of my quilds a small quilt for thier annual Bingo fundraiser. At the rate I am going I will have it done in a week or so.
On friday a LQS was having a special sale. It has a new owner and she was cleaning out the stock that didn't suit her taste and the new direction she wants to take the shop. Of course I picked up a few bargins there.
Since I will have made at least 20 Linus quilts also this month I feel OK about purchasing more goodies. As long as I don't clutter up the common living space in my home I don't consider myself a hoarder.