View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 04:46 AM
Dorothy of Kansas

Here's a tip for when you get "small" amounts of blood on your quilts or fabric. Your saliva will get your blood out of fabric. But it won't work for your neighbors/friends blood!! lol Of course, if you bleed alot, then try peroxide. lol Another quick way to thread your needle is to remove the foot first. It gives you more room to get that thread into the needle. I take a plastic grocery bag and tape it to my table, close to my sewing machine (I have a vinyl tablecloth on my table!) and I put all my scraps and thread snips in there (instead of on the floor, where I would have to stop and clean it up.. eventually!! )

Oh, yeah, I use a 3 x 5 card for each quilt I make and I put the name of the quilt at the top and the name of the person I'm making it for, what size it is, i.e., queen, lap, etc. below that I write the start date, leave a space put the "top" date, leave a space and put the "Finished" date, as we all know we don't always "finish" a quilt right away!! Below that, I put a piece of each of the fabrics that I used in that quilt. Then I go ahead and cut out the binding, sew it together, and press, and put into a large jar with the name of the quilt pinned on it, so when I DO finally finish that quilt, I have binding that will match. It looks really pretty in the jar, along with all the other bindings that I've made and set aside. I'm on my second jar (Wal-Mart has them and they're square in shape with a screw-on lid). Hope this helps someone!!