View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 05:38 AM
QuiltingGrannie
Banned

Originally Posted by erhausfrau
I have learned that all quilters are alike - we rejoice in learning something new, walk away for a bit when it gets too tough, yet come back to it. I have learned that everyone has their own way of doing something and one way or the other it comes out. I have learned that the closest place to Heaven is sitting in front of your sewing machine and rejoice in what has just turned out. I have learned that patience and fortitude are right in front of you - and all you have to do is step on the pedal and what you do comes out beautiful no matter what or how long it takes. I have learned that Kitty Whompas means Only God is perfect!!!!! And I have learned that this is not a dying art, that there are a lot more people than we know who quilt for one reason or another. I quilt because it makes me happy. I Quilt for Kids because I want them to be happy (because from experience with my husband, I know what cancer can do) and feel the warmth a blanket can make when you are undergoing chemo. I want my mother to know that everything she ever tried to teach me didn't go in one ear and out the other and that at 71 I can still learn. Not a whole hecka of a lot more, but I can still learn. I have learned that I am not one of a kind. There are a lot more like me out there and you all are a part of it. I have made more friends on Quilting Board than I ever imagined and they all have the same aim.....quilting because it's there and the fabric is there and the designs are there and we can just fly with it. Edie
I have learned that there are some awesome people out there who know how to say just the right things to make me smile and enjoy life and the reason I quilt and the reason I am on this board so much.

Thank you Edie- you've made my day.