View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 04:07 PM
danmar

Originally Posted by Phyl
Beautiful BUT.....Be sure to sew up one way... and down the other... so your material won't stretch and get wavy. I know. I did that in my excitement. Sigh....just a word to the wise. Your colors are beautiful. Have fun.

WOW......I didn't look further down......Your quilt is gorgeous! Apparently you do sew the correct way!!!! I just love it. You are the talented one!
Thank you very much Phyl for the compliment and the tip! I hope that it's not too late. The previous pictures are with the strips just laid out. I've never done this and don't have a pattern, so I'm laying everything out to see how I want to make it. But.........

My little helpers, my 3 kitty cats, can be such a nuisance when they want to be. They like getting a running start and then slide on the material or quilt on the floor. I had a lot of strips laid out and I've had to put them back where they belong about 6-8 times. So I decided to sew little sections of some of it together. (The parts that I know will be where they are.)

I sewed them all from the same end, so that my seams were going the way I was sewing. I still looks alright but now I'll sew them like you said. Thank YOU! I'd hate to get it all sewed and have to rip it out!

Here's a current picture. It is now sewn from the stove to about the middle of the picture at the joint. I'm not going to sew anymore right now though. I'm going to cut some more strips and figure out where I'm going next. That piece on the right won't be that long.....probably. We'll see.

Thanks again for the tip. You saved my bargello!
Marilyn

My Current Picture.....So Far 3-28-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34792[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-34792.jpe