Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Experimental Bargello!  by Danmar >

My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

Old 01-02-2011, 09:51 AM

I just read the entire thread this morning and it was like a suspense movie...thoroughly enjoyed it and can't believe the spectacular result...have you sold her...just wondering...whoever gets it is going to be lucky...I think the price should double since she was a 'finalist'...don't you think?...I mean, she has a title now..!
I can't wait to try one!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:55 AM

Nice colors. Looking forward to seeing it finished.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:31 PM

Hi Jeanette!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by fidgety
ok so did I miss the final outcome of the contest????
The contest is still going on at www.mccallsquilting.com The 3rd and final round is underway right now. Voting is through Feb 2nd I think it said. I am no longer a finalist.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by tellabella
I just read the entire thread this morning and it was like a suspense movie...thoroughly enjoyed it and can't believe the spectacular result...have you sold her...just wondering...whoever gets it is going to be lucky...I think the price should double since she was a 'finalist'...don't you think?...I mean, she has a title now..!
I can't wait to try one!
Hi tellabella! Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed reading the story. No, I have not sold her yet. I want to and she is for sale, just no one knows it. If anyone is interested, PM me an offer. Thanks. Let me know when you want to get the pattern.
Marilyn
Old 01-13-2011, 12:26 PM

I too read this whole thread. What a great project. I love that it inspired you to make a pattern. Awesome Job
Old 01-13-2011, 04:18 PM

Wow...this is so Cool!
Originally Posted by danmar
Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
The colors are very dramatic :) nice.. I have no idea what a bargello is ... but guessing it is "a cloth of many colors" smiling.. I will keep looking for more details..
Bargello quilts are made to copy the needlepoint, bargello. There are all kinds of shapes/patterns you can do with them. Here are a few pictures of pretty ones that I found on the internet. These are just some of the ways you can design them.
They are awesome.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:19 PM

I love this one too!!!
Originally Posted by danmar
Originally Posted by dyer804
What beautiful colors! Did you buy a kit or yardage and cut your own strips? I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Hi there dyer804! You are behind! :lol: :lol: I made this without a pattern. I cut my own strips, made my own design and made it all here online under this topic. I finished it in May or something, (I don't remember) and entered it in the McCall's Quilt Design Star Contest. I am a finalist now. You should read this whole topic or look at the pictures as it is pretty long. That will explain everything.

I'm glad you like it. It was really fun making it! Enjoy!
Happy Quilting!
Marilyn
Old 08-23-2011, 05:54 PM

Wonderful work- great colors
Old 12-23-2013, 12:22 PM

Marilyn, I've only just noticed your beautiful "Swish" Bargello and read of your journey throughout. You have a brilliant imagination - the stipple quilting compliments the swish of the water effect beautifully.
I made my first Becky Bartello free Wall hanging a few months ago, then made a Marge Edie wall hanging which was cut into 3 to make placemats - will send photos in soon.

Have been in and out of hospital 5 times in 13 months with more to come next year so neglected this site for a while. Have also machine embroidered 2 Anita Goodesign UFO quilts since May and begun another. I was enthralled by your Swish Bargello. Thanks for sharing it with us. I have some old Florentine Embroidery books too which are inspirational for tapestry designs!

Last edited by Ada Shiela; 12-23-2013 at 12:27 PM.