Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Experimental Bargello!  by Danmar >

My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

Old 11-25-2010, 08:37 PM

How is this project coming along?
Old 11-25-2010, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by sherriequilts
WOW! I am speechless and red-eyed too! Just went through all 26 pages at 2 am. Took over an hour! Your quilts are absolutely fantastic. Hope you win the contest. I might even have to attempt one of these qullts. It was such a pleasure and eye-opener to watch your progress on them. You must be a genius! Congratulations.
Hi Sherri! Why, Thank You! I'm kind of hoping I win the contest too, but would really just be happy with making it into the third and final challenge round. Thank you for the wonderful compliments! I appreciate them.

Let me give you one tip for if you do decide to make one of your own. Try NOT to partially sew the strips like I did to keep it "Kitty-Proof"! lol It can be done that way, especially if there is no other choice, but it is very time-consuming and a difficult way to do it. Now, that being said, you can and should still sew it in sections. It will make it easier to sew if you sew it in 3 or 4 sections. Only difference is, do a full row section, (top of quilt to bottom), instead of shorter pieces (of the same rows) that will have to be joined later. I hope that made sense. If not, let me know and I'll explain it better.

I do think it was kinda funny that you said I must be a genius. I'm not sure that you'd find anyone else that would agree from around here. LOL I am so glad that you enjoyed the story of me making Swish! and how it got it's name. (From a fellow Quilting Board member.) It turned out to be a pretty long post, but so many people were following the story, I just kept posting. As of right now, 11/26/10, 12:50am CST, there have been 29,972 views of that post! I absolutely cannot believe it! I had no idea whatsoever when I started it, that soooo many people would actually watch and follow the story. It was an awesome experience and I am truly blessed with the friends and support I have from this board.

Well, I better close. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thanks again for your wonderful post.
Happy Quilting!
Marilyn
Old 11-26-2010, 09:55 AM

Please keep posting. I, also, am trying to get up my nerve to try this quilt.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Patched
Please keep posting. I, also, am trying to get up my nerve to try this quilt.
Hi Patched!
Thank you! I plan on posting again soon. I just haven't had a lot of time to be on here between life and the McCall's Quilting Contest. I did make a baby quilt since the 2nd Challenge Voting round started, that I'm getting ready to post now. Once the McCall's contest is over, I have a couple of quilts that I've been asked to make, that I will probably make here online again.
The first, I have already posted about on here. If you haven't read about it, here is the link to it.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-57416-1.htm

The second one is going to be another bargello, completely original again, for my youngest daughter. She, April loved Swish! but she wants hers a "little different" so no one else would have a quilt like hers. (Or....at least she would be the first one to have it if I end up selling patterns for it again! lol)

Thank you for writing. I appreciate the support and it makes me feel good to know that people do enjoy what I post on here.
Happy Quilting!
Marilyn
Old 11-26-2010, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Marilynn,
You've done a wonderful job with your bargello quilt top! I love how your colors work together so well. :thumbup:
Thank you purplefiend! I appreciate it.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Marilynn,
You've done a wonderful job with your bargello quilt top! I love how your colors work together so well. :thumbup:

OOPS somehow I managed to send this message twice. :oops: :oops:
Well, thank you again purplefiend! There is no reason to "OOPS" though! I could even read that one more time! LOL
Old 11-26-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by crafterbarbara
How is this project coming along?
Hi crafterbarbara! This project was completed! It turned out awesome and I ended up making a pattern for it, due to numerous requests. I now sell the pattern. Then, I entered this quilt in the McCall's Quilting Contest and became a finalist! I have also made it through the first 2 challenge rounds. Voting on the second ends Sunday the 28th, then I'll see if I made it to the final Challenge!

It's all here in the very long story of My Experimental Bargello! Including photos of the completed quilt! You should check it out. It was the most awesome experience for me and several other people. You would probably enjoy the story. Thanks for writing.
Marilyn
Old 11-27-2010, 09:15 PM

Thank you so much for replying. I love watching your quilt develop. I sure hope I can get going on one after the 1st of the year. Going to sitting in Quartszide for 2 months and should be able to get several projects completed. Keep the pictures coming. hugs,Barb
Old 01-02-2011, 09:20 AM

ok so did I miss the final outcome of the contest????
Old 01-02-2011, 09:41 AM

very nice