Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Experimental Bargello!  by Danmar >

My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

Old 05-01-2010, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by danmar
Hi everybody! Here is the latest information on "Swish!", my Bargello. I took her to Tom's last Thursday as you may have already read on here. Well, Tom has a 6 to 8 week waiting period on his quilting. Usually! Tom told me that he'd have Swish for me by tomorrow, Friday! But.....

Tom called me yesterday morning and told me that Swish was done! I'd only dropped her off 6 days ago! He got her done early! So, I flew over to Tom's to get her. I'm telling you! She is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it! When I got there the quilting club was there, sewing and visiting like they usually do on Wed's. They asked how I was and I told them great and that I was there to pick up my Bargello that I'd had Tom quilt. They all said that they had seen it and it was gorgeous. Tom had it displayed in the front window of his quilting store! I hadn't even paid attention I was in such a hurry to get in there and see it.

Then, Tom told me that he'd had it done on Monday! But...
Since the quilting club comes on Wed's, and I wasn't expecting it until Friday, he didn't call. He said he wanted the quilting club to be able to see it too, before I took it home. So, I have her back and it is awesome looking! Tom quilted her with stippling, which I adore anyways! He did an excellent job on it!

Now I have to make my pattern that all of you are messaging and PMing about! (And I sincerely thank you for that!) Hopefully it won't take me too long to do! I now have a couple of Bargello patterns, so I can see how they make those patterns. Mainly, I have to try to figure out how much material you need in each color. I just used pieces, not measured, so I don't know the exact amounts.

Then too, I also need to do the binding on it. I am just going to do a black binding around it. I think that is all it will need. Then, when I am done making the pattern and sewing the binding on, I plan on putting it on here, the QB, and trying to sell her! So, if you are interested, keep watching. I would imagine it would be, maybe a couple of weeks??

So, here are a few pictures I took of the stippling. The backing goes perfect with the bargello! Thanks for looking!
I'll get the pattern done as soon as possible.
Marilyn
Marilyn, your quilt is absolutely beautiful and your color combinations and the order in which they are put together are as outstanding as the quilt itself. They did a really great job of the quilting, too. . . . . . Pam
Old 05-01-2010, 10:14 PM

Very cool, I love the rich colors!
Old 05-02-2010, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by danmar
Hi everybody! I want to thank you all for coming along with me for support and encouragement while I undertook this latest challenge. I enjoy 'challenging' myself for some strange reason. :) I took the quilt top to the quilter's and dropped it off today. When I get it back, I will do the binding and then post some pictures.

I have been asked several times to do a tutorial on how to make this Bargello. Well, I am planning to make a pattern for it. I will be selling the pattern for $8.00 plus $2.00 shipping (unless I email you the pattern.) I should have the pattern done in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks again for all the comments, compliments, support and encouragement. It meant alot to me. I had alot of fun making this quilt top with you.

Marilyn
Hi Marilyn- I love Bargello's and have followed your thread along from the beginning. IMHO you have done a fantastically beautiful job on this quilt. Allowing us to follow along in your "experiment" has been a truly great experience for all of us; the time and work you put in for this thread is truly appreciated. I recently saw a picture of a Bargello that was for sale for $800.00 and it couldn't even come close to the beauty and work of yours. Your "Experiment" is a Masterpiece! Congratulations!!!

I would love to be included on the list for your pattern "Swish" when it is available. Jinnie
Old 05-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Banned

I really like that one danmar!
Old 05-02-2010, 05:58 AM

Thank you sooooo much everybody for your wonderful comments!
I am really happy with the way that this "experiment" turned out. I appreciate all the encouragement, compliments, and messages that you all have posted during this "journey". They have meant so much to me. I just joined this board a little over 2 months ago, but it feels like I've been here for years. You all are an exceptional group of the friendliest, most giving, people I have ever 'met'. I sure am glad that I found this board and you!
May God bless each and every one of you!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:09 AM

I thought is was so cool when your daughter popped in for a bit of a talk <g> ... and, I am so looking forward to purchasing a pattern from you. Between the beautiful colors, the creativity of the quilter, her chummy daughter, and that irascible kitty ... I read all 21 pages last night and enjoyed EVERY bit of it!
I am glad you found the Board, also! <wave>
Old 05-02-2010, 08:30 AM

love the look, but never tried to make one. great colors
Old 05-02-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by omak
I thought is was so cool when your daughter popped in for a bit of a talk <g> ... and, I am so looking forward to purchasing a pattern from you. Between the beautiful colors, the creativity of the quilter, her chummy daughter, and that irascible kitty ... I read all 21 pages last night and enjoyed EVERY bit of it!
I am glad you found the Board, also! <wave>
So did I! She doesn't even quilt yet but I'd told her that I was making it and she could see the pictures on here. I was quite surprised! Thanks for all of your PM's and interest! I appreciate it.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:15 PM

Alright, time for a picture update. I love this one. I've got the second bargello half way done now. Here's a picture of it. It's going faster now than the first one.

Halfway Done 5-2-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36466[/ATTACH]

From the Other End 5-2-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]37128[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-36466.jpe   attachment-37128.jpe  
Old 05-02-2010, 07:19 PM

I can hardly wait to learn how you progressed with such a short learning curve!
And, I see that you have a bit of wedging going on, but not as much, or are you just shielding us from all the exciting in between photos? <wave>
Keep going ... I really like all of the colors you are putting in this one :thumbup: