View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 05:17 PM
danmar

Originally Posted by Phyl
It really is gorgeous!
I had sewn my bargello but couldn't understand what had happened. (Newbie quilter at the time. I STILL am, just about five years and learning everyday.)
I took my embarrassment along with me to my class so I could learn and it taught me some great lessons! I was too aggravated to rip it out though and put it away for several months. Then I took it out, cut out the flat parts with a six and one half inch square ruler and used the parts to make a quilt that looked like a kimono! It was quite nice but a terrible waste of time....except for the invaluable learning part. I haven't been brave enough to try it again yet. I will live through YOUR gorgeous work!!! Thanks pal. Keep up the great work.
Thank you Phyl! I am sure that I would have real problems if mine turned out all wavy and stretched. I probably wouldn't have the patience to rip it all apart. I'd probably just give it to somebody!

I'm still kind of a newbie to quilting too. I've just been quilting for the past year and a half! I'm sorry about your "Learning Experience". I thank you for saving me from making the same mistake. It would be a real waste of time and fabric.

Well, it looks like mine is Probably,...probably going to work out alright. Especially now, thanks to you!
Marilyn