View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 04:50 PM
marsye
Banned

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Okay -- it IS adorable, yes, I can tell it's a chicken. I love it!

Sindy -- if you feel it's one of your designs, there's going to be problems. I'm VERY positive I've seen that "rendention" of a chicken before, in fact, if I wanted to go thru about 75 stained glass book patterns, I believe I've got the pattern, too!!!!

Hope you guys get this settled.
Thanks!

I see nothing to settle and heres why. I go to yard sales and buy gobs of books with patterns, not just quilt books but tole painting books, cross-stitch books, kids coloring books, etc. and I find many patterns in them. I even bought a huge sketch book one time that was packed full of patterns that someone had hand drawn, I used many of those patterns in my blocks. I used all I wanted out of the book and then sold it in my yard sale years later so they probably used some of the same patterns I did. Some of these same patterns I have seen in many other books and websites. Just google chicken patterns for example and tons come up. Where did a certain pattern originate from? Who knows? Where did you get your idea from? Be honest, you probably got it from someone elses pattern or picture. Yes its true I sell on Etsy and Ebay, I have for many years. But if you will look there are many sellers that have copied me. Do I care? Absolutely not!! I'm flattered! But I will say that I have never copied anyones copyrighted patterns. If you think I have then maybe you need to search the web for that pattern or picture because they are everywhere for anyone to use. However I am not one to stir up trouble so I won't take this issue any further on here. I enjoy the board too much to leave a bad taste in my mouth or anyone else.