Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Chicken Design

Banned
    I've been in a designing mood for a couple of days but I am my worst critic. How does this look? Do you even know what it is? LOL :lol:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes Marsye we love your cute chicken!

What are you planning to do with it? I can think of several possibilities...

It is really cute, great job

So cute the fabrics are perfect.

Blog Entries
    she, cute and looks like she waiting for a partner

Are you asking about the design or the fabric selection?

Sindy Rodenmeyer has the pattern on her website, http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/chickens.htm
    I used it in my chicken quilt.

It would be nice if you said where you got the pattern when you're asking for opinions about your "designing".

So... I guess you're asking about the fabric choices? Very pretty.

Blog Entries
    Love it! :thumbup:

Banned
    Thanks guys! :D

That is indeed one of my original designs :) You did a very pretty job putting it together.
    I have to comment on your Ebay and Etsy stores though. I happily allow quilters to use my designs for charity work, and personal sewing. I even, unlike most designers, allow quilts to be made using my designs for limited personal sales. I do not allow bulk or mass marketing of my designs. What you have done with the various designs of mine you are using is in direct violation of copyright. You cannot change the sizing of a pattern and assume it is yours to sell or claim as your own design creation.
    I ask kindly that you refrain from making this mistake with designs from my site http://www.fatcatpatterns.com again. The way you are using that resource is not what I intended the sharing of my talents for.

Sindy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatcatpatterns
    That is indeed one of my original designs :) You did a very pretty job putting it together.
    I have to comment on your Ebay and Etsy stores though. I happily allow quilters to use my designs for charity work, and personal sewing. I even, unlike most designers, allow quilts to be made using my designs for limited personal sales. I do not allow bulk or mass marketing of my designs. What you have done with the various designs of mine you are using is in direct violation of copyright. You cannot change the sizing of a pattern and assume it is yours to sell or claim as your own design creation.
    I ask kindly that you refrain from making this mistake with designs from my site http://www.fatcatpatterns.com again. The way you are using that resource is not what I intended the sharing of my talents for.

Sindy

Excuse me but I have never even seen your site. I use alot of coloring pages from kids coloring books online and change them to fit my blocks. Are your designs in coloring books? Also if you have a problem with someone your should not post it on here. You should have PM'ed me.

i like chickensand this one is really cute

Of course, we can you silly goose :?

I love it and it looks like I might be able to do it. I love the fabric choices.
    Andi

Very cute! I can almost feel it pecking my feet!

Okay -- it IS adorable, yes, I can tell it's a chicken. I love it!

Sindy -- if you feel it's one of your designs, there's going to be problems. I'm VERY positive I've seen that "rendention" of a chicken before, in fact, if I wanted to go thru about 75 stained glass book patterns, I believe I've got the pattern, too!!!!

Hope you guys get this settled.

Wow! My DSIL would love to have your chicken if you're looking for a new home!!!

Looks like a rooster to me. Very cute.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Okay -- it IS adorable, yes, I can tell it's a chicken. I love it!

Sindy -- if you feel it's one of your designs, there's going to be problems. I'm VERY positive I've seen that "rendention" of a chicken before, in fact, if I wanted to go thru about 75 stained glass book patterns, I believe I've got the pattern, too!!!!

Hope you guys get this settled.
    Thanks!

I see nothing to settle and heres why. I go to yard sales and buy gobs of books with patterns, not just quilt books but tole painting books, cross-stitch books, kids coloring books, etc. and I find many patterns in them. I even bought a huge sketch book one time that was packed full of patterns that someone had hand drawn, I used many of those patterns in my blocks. I used all I wanted out of the book and then sold it in my yard sale years later so they probably used some of the same patterns I did. Some of these same patterns I have seen in many other books and websites. Just google chicken patterns for example and tons come up. Where did a certain pattern originate from? Who knows? Where did you get your idea from? Be honest, you probably got it from someone elses pattern or picture. Yes its true I sell on Etsy and Ebay, I have for many years. But if you will look there are many sellers that have copied me. Do I care? Absolutely not!! I'm flattered! But I will say that I have never copied anyones copyrighted patterns. If you think I have then maybe you need to search the web for that pattern or picture because they are everywhere for anyone to use. However I am not one to stir up trouble so I won't take this issue any further on here. I enjoy the board too much to leave a bad taste in my mouth or anyone else.

Cute!

Marsye & Sindy, I am a Member of the Board and as such I'd like to say, please take this issue to PMs for all our sakes. There have been many disputes on the Board & it unnerves me to get in the middle of these issues when I just come to the Board to make friends & to see pictures of what everyone is doing, as well as share ideas.

We want the Board to continue, where everyone can enjoy it. I can understand copyright issues; however, which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? Both of you may be right.

love it :thumbup:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
    Marsye & Sindy, I am a Member of the Board and as such I'd like to say, please take this issue to PMs for all our sakes. There have been many disputes on the Board & it unnerves me to get in the middle of these issues when I just come to the Board to make friends & to see pictures of what everyone is doing, as well as share ideas.

We want the Board to continue, where everyone can enjoy it. I can understand copyright issues; however, which came first, the Chicken or the Egg? Both of you may be right.
    I agree! But I was approached first (in public) and I wanted to give my 2 cents worth. Its done and I'll say no more about it. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I like that chicken a lot!! Is it going to the Funky Chicken swap? I hope so....I want one!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like the "momma" chicken

I love your chicken as much I loved your owl. Are you making a wall hanging? Is your applique raw edge and fused? :-D

I like him!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast