Thread: April Fools!
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 08:17 AM
booklady

Originally Posted by raptureready
I called my brother and told him that I couldn't reach my DH, that I had a flat tire and would he find DH, if not could he come get me? He asked where I was and I said, "Do you know where the town of Gays is?" He said he did and asked why I was so far from home. (about 90 miles) I told him that I took DD and her friend to see the historic two story outhouse. He said he had to get his shoes on and he'd come get us. I laughed, "April Fools." We really were in Gays, we really had gone to see the outhouse, but we didn't have a flat and we weren't stranded.
(Illinois really does have a town named that and it really does have a historical two story outhouse---you can read about it on the web)

My daughter did the same type of thing to her aunt this year except she was on the train from University to her G'ma's house. Called Aunt to say the train had stopped for 2-3 hours. They were bringing a bus but that would be another 4 hours. Would Aunt come get her (1 hour drive). Aunt was all concerned and would make a few phone calls to cover and be right there. Daughter says, What day is it? Aunt took a couple seconds then "You little s&%$*!" and all laughed. This was in retaliation from last year.

Last year Aunt sends my daughter a white box in the mail (approx 2wks before Easter). Mind you, Aunt is known for her "little white boxes" in the mail around holidays. They are for the nieces/nephews and are filled with candy and treats! Last year the box arrived a little early, all were surprised, until daughter opened the box to find a rock with "April Fools" written on it!!!

I'm a little worried about next year . . . . .!!!