April Fools!

Old 04-01-2010, 04:57 PM

Did anyone pull a prank for April Fool's Day (other than marsye - just wait, when you really break your dang leg, no one will believe you) or have a prank done to them?

Has anyone Googled anything today? We might just be in Kansas...
Old 04-01-2010, 05:05 PM

I called my brother and told him that I couldn't reach my DH, that I had a flat tire and would he find DH, if not could he come get me? He asked where I was and I said, "Do you know where the town of Gays is?" He said he did and asked why I was so far from home. (about 90 miles) I told him that I took DD and her friend to see the historic two story outhouse. He said he had to get his shoes on and he'd come get us. I laughed, "April Fools." We really were in Gays, we really had gone to see the outhouse, but we didn't have a flat and we weren't stranded.
(Illinois really does have a town named that and it really does have a historical two story outhouse---you can read about it on the web)
Old 04-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by raptureready
I called my brother and told him that I couldn't reach my DH, that I had a flat tire and would he find DH, if not could he come get me? He asked where I was and I said, "Do you know where the town of Gays is?" He said he did and asked why I was so far from home. (about 90 miles) I told him that I took DD and her friend to see the historic two story outhouse. He said he had to get his shoes on and he'd come get us. I laughed, "April Fools." We really were in Gays, we really had gone to see the outhouse, but we didn't have a flat and we weren't stranded.
(Illinois really does have a town named that and it really does have a historical two story outhouse---you can read about it on the web)
What a great April fools joke. A two story outhouse. I've never heard of such a thing.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Did anyone pull a prank for April Fool's Day (other than marsye - just wait, when you really break your dang leg, no one will believe you) or have a prank done to them?

Has anyone Googled anything today? We might just be in Kansas...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-41436.gif  
Old 04-01-2010, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
What a great April fools joke. A two story outhouse. I've never heard of such a thing.
Actually there's several around the country. This one used to be attached to a bldg. The owner built it so that the people on the second floor wouldn't have to go downstairs to "go." Pretty ingenious as far as figuring out how to make it. Pretty gross when you think about it. :lol: It's a little deeper than most, allowing for a extra wall behind the seats in the downstairs, the seats in the upstairs are set farther back than they are in the downstairs. One of the tiny park caretakers came by while we were there, unlocked it and let us look inside. It's on a concrete pad now and isn't functional.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/set/outhouse.html
Old 04-02-2010, 07:26 AM

I hope you didn't jinx yourself--and will really have a flat tire soon.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by PurplePassion
I hope you didn't jinx yourself--and will really have a flat tire soon.
Oh! Me too because he said next time I call I will have cried "Wolf" too many times. :cry:

No, he'd still come and get me, we're pretty close.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:17 AM

My daughter did the same type of thing to her aunt this year except she was on the train from University to her G'ma's house. Called Aunt to say the train had stopped for 2-3 hours. They were bringing a bus but that would be another 4 hours. Would Aunt come get her (1 hour drive). Aunt was all concerned and would make a few phone calls to cover and be right there. Daughter says, What day is it? Aunt took a couple seconds then "You little s&%$*!" and all laughed. This was in retaliation from last year.

Last year Aunt sends my daughter a white box in the mail (approx 2wks before Easter). Mind you, Aunt is known for her "little white boxes" in the mail around holidays. They are for the nieces/nephews and are filled with candy and treats! Last year the box arrived a little early, all were surprised, until daughter opened the box to find a rock with "April Fools" written on it!!!

I'm a little worried about next year . . . . .!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 03:35 PM

HHHMMMMM...two story outhouse??? I call "Top-Floor!!!"
Old 04-02-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by DianD
HHHMMMMM...two story outhouse??? I call "Top-Floor!!!"
We agreed! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: