View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 04:54 PM
raptureready

Originally Posted by mrsjdt
Just have to reply to this one.....taking medication to help with your depression is not a sin...nor anything to be ashamed of. I take offense to your comment but, even in disgust for the narrow mindedness that still exists, I do not wish depression upon you...altho that is the only way you would obviously understand.
It is VERY hard to understand. Like telling a man what childbirth or menopause is like. But I think she's trying to understand by asking about it. You sound like someone that suffers from it like I do. The worst thing (I think) is that others don't understand and don't realize that there's nothing they can say or do that will help. When my moods go black EVERYTHING that anyone says or does sounds negative to me. That's when I take my pills and get lots of sleep for a few days until it goes away. Non-sufferers do tend to think of it as just a sadness when in reality it's so much, much more. I've never been deaf or blind and would have a hard time grasping all that involved with that, same thing.