View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 06:18 PM
raptureready

Originally Posted by marsye
Ok, I guess I just don't understand it because I've never had it. A friend of mine just told me she was taking drugs for depression now and I couldn't see anything she should be depressed about so I was just wondering.....But I'm thinking I should have never started this thread. :? Maybe admins. will delete it before someone chops my head off. :shock:
I'm not in one of my black moods right now so no head chopping. LOL
The second half of your second sentence in this post: there isn't an external "reason" for clinical depression. But there are, at times, external things that can trigger an onslaught of it. It's due more to a chemical imbalance than anything else. The pills help keep the chemicals in the brain that control the emotions to flow in harmony. At least that's the way my doctor explained it. Does that help to make sense now?
As far as this post goes, maybe you've helped others to understand and even some of us that have a hard time dealing with it to vent our frustrations at the disease and at having spouses, friends and other family members that also don't understand. It's far easier to vent online to someone we don't really know than it is face to face with friends and family. Don't worry yourself into a depression over it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw: cute new avy, now take it away and put up something cheerful. :thumbup: