View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:38 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by lfw045
Originally Posted by cheryl222
Jhittle is by far the lowest price I have found. The website is horrible to navigate but once you get the idea of how it works, the prices are fantastic. If you don't see what you need, just call and they usually have it for a very good price.
Aren't they for wholesale only? Not retail. Is that correct?
hittles is a close-to-wholesale site. they buy below wholesale directly from the manufacture. they can sell wholesale, if they want to. what they do is sell a little over wholesale so they don't have to ask for a resale number. that enlarges their 'audience'. after all, someone who buys at true wholesale can buy directly from the maker. that includes professionals as well as hobbyists.

wholesale just means that you're buying a lot and getting a better price. they buy more than a lot (below wholesale) and get an even better price. they can sell to people who buy a lot and give them a better price than retail (the wholesale price). and they can sell to you a little above wholesale and you get a great deal and they don't have to ask for a number and they make up in volume whatever discount you get. plus they eliminate the paperwork of dealing with wholesale.

i hope i explained that so someone understands it. LOL.