View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 06:44 AM
raptureready

Originally Posted by knlsmith
Originally Posted by nursie76
I went to the Paducah store just down the street from the museum. They were very nice and the prices weren't too bad, I got a bunch of fat quarters. Just missed she and her son at the Lancaster quilt show, but did use the 30% off coupon and got the hardcover book, "Still Stripping after 25 years". Hubby wouldn't let me pay to go back to the show the next day just to get her signature....sigh. I really like the book, I think the instructions are the most thorough I've ever seen, lots of pics. Spaced throughout are bits and pieces of the Eleanor Burns story, she is a really gutsy lady! (aren't all quilters ;-) )
OMG. di you tell him you were thinking about being single for a day? LOL

I have to meet her. No, I am not a stalker, I just really think she is neat. :) Any tips on finding her?
Is it Carlson Park where she has one of her shops set up and also a big tent? Anyway it's the park in Paducah that's part of the quilt show event. That's where she does a show and I met her there. Right after her show she goes into the bldg, near the back and signs book. So if you're there, leave the show about 15 minutes early, grab one of her books, ask where she's going to sign and stake out your spot at the head of the line. Once that show lets out a HUGE line forms in a heartbeat.