Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When in Paducah - Eleanor Burns Shop >

When in Paducah - Eleanor Burns Shop

When in Paducah - Eleanor Burns Shop

Old 04-09-2010, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Thanks for the online site for quilt in a day! Our public tv station airs very few quilting shows.....
Our stations have discontinued ALL sewing and quilting shows! Phooey!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:14 AM

I haven't taken an EB class, but I'd love to in the future!! My DH takes me to her shop in Paducah whenever we go back up north to IN. even thugh it's completely out of our way. We did buy some property about 45 min. from Paducah for retirement, sew how cool is that? I'm very familiar with her website and she has really great prices. In her shop in Paducah she has her scraps from projects bagged up for sale in a claw-foot bathtub!!! Everyone have fun at the quilt show and enjoy!! I'd go this year, but we booked a cruise to the E. Caribbean Islands, maybe next year!!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
I haven't taken an EB class, but I'd love to in the future!! My DH takes me to her shop in Paducah whenever we go back up north to IN. even thugh it's completely out of our way. We did buy some property about 45 min. from Paducah for retirement, sew how cool is that? I'm very familiar with her website and she has really great prices. In her shop in Paducah she has her scraps from projects bagged up for sale in a claw-foot bathtub!!! Everyone have fun at the quilt show and enjoy!! I'd go this year, but we booked a cruise to the E. Caribbean Islands, maybe next year!!
Well La-dee-da, basket lady. You go, Girl. Have fun on that cruise.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:07 PM

don't forget to check out www.zeeltv.com - It is LOADED with all the quilters that we like!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Store Hours
M-Fri: 10am - 5pm
Sat: 10am - 3pm
Phone
270-442-2155View
119 North 4th Street · Paducah, KY · 42001

Im sure ya'll don't want to miss this shop - it not far from the museum! Have fun! - You luckies! 'wish I was going this year!
wish I was going too.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:26 PM

OMG, the more time I spend on this Board I realise just how lucky I am.

When we were away in '08 I stood my ground with DH and insisted that we go to Paducah 'on the way' down to Florida.
Our travel agent thought we were mad, but I stood firm.

I recall we arrived there late at night, had trouble finding somewhere to stay and got hopelessly lost. Can't remember, now, where we ended up staying. An inauspicious beginngin, but spent a couple of days there.

I went to Eleanor Burns' store, but didn't see Mrs Burns - in North Street, as I recall - and I remember buying a couple of pieces of fabric there. (They are now among the 'treasures' in the stash). And of course, went to the museum. It was just fantastic. There is absolutely nothing like it here. I bought a quilter's tote bag there, and one for a quilter friend back here.

Naturally, having gone that far, we went deeper into Kentucky, and drove down to Churchill Downs. The museum in the Racecourse there is also fantastic. You guys really know how to do those sorts of things well.

Reading the Board is just doing the trip all over again, but at the same time making me a desperado to do it all again.