Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When in Paducah - Eleanor Burns Shop >

When in Paducah - Eleanor Burns Shop

When in Paducah - Eleanor Burns Shop

Old 04-07-2010, 05:14 AM

Thanks for the online site for quilt in a day! Our public tv station airs very few quilting shows.....
Old 04-07-2010, 05:16 AM

Went to Houston with DIL to help in her booth a couple years ago---met Elinor Burns there and she signed an old copy of her log cabin book---was very nice---also went to her store in Cal and they were very helpful and you can also call the 800 number in her books and they are very helpful---my first quilt was a king size log cabin---had a few problems and they were great and gave me some very good sujestions
Old 04-07-2010, 05:42 AM

I have taken 4 classes from Eleanor and she is the greatest. She is so down to earth not like other well known quilters. During the classes I took we all went to lunch and she went with us. We did a 3 day retreat with her and she hung out with us after the class and all of her staff are as down to earth as she is. I would take a million classes from her I could. I love being around her .
Old 04-07-2010, 07:19 AM

Thanks for all the additional info and the coupon.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie
She has great sales on line. Lots of 3 dollar a yard in her fabric frensy area.
If you have Direct TV her show is on the RFD channel.
Also lots of her shows on her website and on quilterstv
http://quiltinaday.com
http://quilterstv.com
She did tell the story on one of her shows about the director telling her to get rid of the scrap bag and she started throwing them over her shoulder. Its her trade mark now.
The best thing about her is she is not greedy like a couple of other famous quilters that charge for watching there shows.
Thanks for the hint about the Quilt in a Day show on tv. I get the Fons and Porter Love of Quilting (and have it set to record)...am going to start a thread to see what other shows might be out there.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:50 AM

OMG I'm going to the Paducah Show for the first time. Can't wait!
Old 04-07-2010, 01:47 PM

My sister and I made our second visit to Paducah a couple years ago and instead of walking to Eleanor's show we took the bus. Since the bus takes a specific route we arrived later than planned. Seats were almost filled, but we did find a couple way in the back. I told my sister we probably won't be able to see a thing that far away. I no sooner said that when my sister nudged me to turn around and no more than a foote to my left was Eleanor preparing to take her stroll down the aisle to the platform. She was promoting her Victory Quilt book, dressed in her Rosie outfit complete with head bandana and black lunch box. She kidded with us as she prepped for the show. That was more a treat to us than the store and the fabric tent.
There also was a Quilt in a Day store in downtown Paducah, but it was packed with so many people that when you got in line, you went with the flow even if you didn't want to move on to the next display. Didn't buy much as the best priced fabrics went fast. But the experience was amazing. I remember the tent of fabric being very picked over and there were long lines at the cutting tables.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by shequilts
Originally Posted by IrishNY
I've been to the Eleanor Burn's shop in CA and didn't think it was that great. What is the difference between that one and the one in Paducah?
'Easy answer to this question...It's in the Bluegrass State of KY!
It's called "southern hospitality".
Old 04-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, wish I could go to Paducah, but can't this year. I will try to go in 2011
Old 04-07-2010, 08:04 PM

I took a class with Elearnor Burns at the last Houston quilt show. She is such a delight!!! She got right in there with us and was so much fun. She let us handle the quilt that had been given to her that was made from the original old newspaper pattern. I have a picture of me holding the quilt. It must be close to 100 years old. (Not much older than me!!! Ha) Would post it if I remembered where I put it. She had a trunk show before we started the class. It was Magic Vines. She is just so down to earth. My daughter and I met face to face with one of two quilters that have a regular show on TV. She chose to look away and not even a look our way. Her show is not nearly as interesting any more! Eleanor is just as she appears with a smile always on her face.