View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 06:26 PM
aussiequilter

OMG, the more time I spend on this Board I realise just how lucky I am.

When we were away in '08 I stood my ground with DH and insisted that we go to Paducah 'on the way' down to Florida.
Our travel agent thought we were mad, but I stood firm.

I recall we arrived there late at night, had trouble finding somewhere to stay and got hopelessly lost. Can't remember, now, where we ended up staying. An inauspicious beginngin, but spent a couple of days there.

I went to Eleanor Burns' store, but didn't see Mrs Burns - in North Street, as I recall - and I remember buying a couple of pieces of fabric there. (They are now among the 'treasures' in the stash). And of course, went to the museum. It was just fantastic. There is absolutely nothing like it here. I bought a quilter's tote bag there, and one for a quilter friend back here.

Naturally, having gone that far, we went deeper into Kentucky, and drove down to Churchill Downs. The museum in the Racecourse there is also fantastic. You guys really know how to do those sorts of things well.

Reading the Board is just doing the trip all over again, but at the same time making me a desperado to do it all again.