Old 04-06-2010, 08:16 AM
deedles215

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Get an old mattress pad and practice to your hearts content!!I don't know how you sandwiched your quilt, but if you use the 505 quilt basting spray, it will make the quilting process so much easier. I have a frame and machine I haven't used yet too. There is a learning curve with it so I will have to spend a lot of hours with the setup before I attempt using a real quilt on it.... There is no easy way out :lol: It will take a lot of practice either way!

Ditter
I have practiced... I just don't want to get frustrated and tire my arms out on something so big that isn't even my quilt... lol! It's the muscling that I can't handle- moving the quilt around so much and rolling and unrolling, and balancing over my shoulder and moving around and then balancing the weight of it on the table, and holding in place... and just when I get on a roll and everything is in the right place? ...my bobbin runs out of thread. Or my cat flops over on my foot, over the pedal, and I sew a crazy line (not so different from my SITDing...hahahah!!) and have to take the whole thing out and rip stitches, re-roll, etc etc etc... and then I start swearing and wish I'd never started G D quilting in the first place, and take a walk to relax and then don't want to start again... lol! Anyone with me?!

As far as the sandwiching- I pinned, every 3 inches, just to be sure. I will try the basting spray, just don't know how to keep the spray from going all over the place..??