Old 04-08-2010, 04:03 AM
sunflower126

In June/July we will go to the Lancaster area to spend 4 days shopping in quilt shops and other places we have come to love over the years. Originally we started out tagging along with a friend and her husband. Then we added another couple-she doesn't sew, she knits-but they love to come along. She has been hanging out with us for so long now that she gets right in there and helps us select our fabrics. We reward her for her patience by taking her to a nice yarn store. Three years ago we lost the first husband. Our dear friend still goes with us. Our favorite stores there are Burkholders, Sauders and Weavers. There are a couple of others but the names escape me at this time. We used to go there in Oct too, but when gas became so expensive we decided to go to the Amish area around Sugarcreek Ohio.(It's only 2 hours from home where Lancaster is 4 hours away) We have not found as many quilt shops there and the prices are not nearly as good as in Lancaster. We do have one favorite store-Miller's Dry Goods. I usually leave about $100 in that store. Leave a lot more $$$ in the others. Looking forward to this year. I can really think about quilting now that I retired in July. Our husbands just sit/stand around and wait to carry our packages and tell them where to take us next. We have trained them well and they never try to hurry us along. I have not found any quilt shop near the area where we take our yearly family summer vacation. Maybe I'll research that a bit this year. It's kind of hard to get away since we take our daughter and grandkids on that trip.