Old 04-12-2010, 11:37 AM
katiebear1

Originally Posted by Boston1954
Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
Originally Posted by katiebear1
I like to read, sketch and paint, photography, and watch movies. But since I started quilting I don't do much photography or painting. I could never stop reading that would be like not breathing. I hate housework, but I hate a messy or dirty house more so that eats up a big chunk of time ( for which I am VERY resentful) LOL
I feel your pain (about house work).It irritate me no end that I have to mop floors and such. I NEED A MAID!!!
Truly, I do not bother too much about house work. I am not saying that I am a slob. In fact I do not like a messy house. That said, I am sure that no one will know one hundred years from now whether or not I dusted every day or made the beds just so. When someone looks at my quilts, I want them to think of nothing else except "oh, how pretty".
You know that is almost exactly what my Mom used to say when she was in her sixties and seventies ( Mom has been gone over 20 years now), but she used to say "When I am gone is anyone going to care about how clean my house is? Or are they going to remember the person I was?"