Old 04-13-2010, 05:58 AM
katiebear1

Originally Posted by damaquilts
Read. mostly mysteries. I also listen to audio books while quilting. Take care of the animals around here. And my foster pups when I have them. Not doing too much lately recovering from surgery. all I can say is if I didn't have my books and a quilt I am hand quilting I would lose what little I have left of my mind.
I use to like camping and hiking and gardening but haven't been able to do any of that since 2001. Keep hoping I can get back to it someday. And right now I am missing my puppy kisses a lot. Looking forward to getting back to my volunteering
I have great respect for those who foster animals. I love animals(I have four dogs) but I would never be able to give them up. I once met a lady at the mall who was fostering a service dog for the first year doing basic obediance and such before they go to sevice training. I asked her how she could give them up after a year and she said the heartache was worth it when she saw the joy on the face of the disabled person when they received their dog. People like that have a special place in Heaven.