Thread: Pit bulls
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 PM
trupeach1
Banned

My neighbor has 3. He has 2 fenced in the yard and 1 in a high kennel. He says the one in the kennel would jump the 3 ft fence but the others wouldn't. I am leary of them as they are not with humans very much just in the yard and they are a pack dog and need an alpha which should be humans. I read all about them. However I do feel safe knowing they are there. There is a ravine behind my house and then a creek and then it goes up a mountain. I don't have any puppy's to bark if anyone/thing would go in my yard but the pit bulls are right there no one would attenpt to go in my yard because of them. My friends DD had a pit she had to put it down last week from cancer, that dog was like a baby. Even though she was 13 when my friends grandbaby came to visit the dog would lay next to the baby's playpen and watch over him. Also my DD ex BF had a Presa canario which are suppose to be more vicious then pits and larger. It was a female and weighed 125 lbs, she was afraid of her own shadow. If a leaf fell by her she would freak out and hide. Joyce loved that dog and so did I. Joyce said when they broke up it was the dog she miss not the boyfriend.