Thread: How long
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 05:04 AM
Melinda in Tulsa

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I WOUND A BOBBIN!!! It took me a few times to get it... but I did! Now I just have to do a couple more... and then I'll thread and then I'll sew... straight lines can't be that difficult!
Good for you :thumbup: If I may make a suggestion on practicing sewing straight lines; use a piece of paper with no thread. Graph paper helps too, or just draw lines, curves, etc on it practice following them.

My step-daughter called me last week, she had gotten a sewing machine for Christmas from her fiance and due to her job, this was the first time she even had time to take it out of the box. She called because she couldn't control the speed and couldn't sew even a decent straight line! I told her to unthread the machine, use paper and sew, sew, sew. She called me again a couple days later and said she had made a pillow! I was so proud of her. She is 36 years old and had never touched a sewing machine! I think she is about to be hooked to sewing. Practice, practice, practice. That's how we all started out.