View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 02:22 PM
thequilteddove

I had moved to VT to be w/a guy I had been having a long distance romance w/for two years. When I got here I joint the VT Nat'l Guard. I was a long distance runner & joined the VTARNG Marathon Team. My hubby, Phil, was on the team but I had no idea he existed.

Years later the guy I came to VT for was long gone out of my life. One day my girl friends & I were working out in the weight room at work bitch'n & moan'n about not being able to meet nice guys. Phil was there work'n out too & for some reason I just walked up to him & asked him where he met women... I had no idea who he was or whether he was married or not. I had no intention when I asked him except to probe the mind of a male.

I'm not sure how long it was go'n on, but one of my female co-workers noticed that he was come'n in to our office a lot... use'n the phone, the copy machine, what ever (he didn't even work in our building) She said he was check'n me out & sniff'n around. I was clueless (no wonder I couldn't find a man, I couldn't even tell when one was interested! lol) One day, on a Friday, he called & asked me out. Of course I said no, maybe some other time... I mean really! No way I was go'n to go on a date when I was called on a Friday for a Friday date, no matter how desperate I was lolol We made a date for the following week & I spent the entire week 'research'n who he was'.

Our first date we hit it off really well. The typical talked so much we closed the restaurant down date :-D I was determined I wasn't ever get'n married again. After two years of dating he purposed (St Marcos Square, Venice). By then I knew I wanted to be with him for ever, but was still too scared for marriage. When my daughter was 17/18 we moved in together (she was 13 when we met). We were engage 5yrs when I woke up & realized I was ok w/get'n married. Here we are 10yrs later and he's still able to put up w/me *giggles*

I can't even tell you how many years we were together when someone pointed to a picture on my desk from my marathon days & said to me "Isn't that Phil"? All those years of look'n at that picture & I had never noticed! Just goes to show you, some things are just meant to be :)