Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Did You Meet Your Spouse >

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

Old 08-21-2010, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
I met DH when I got a job at the local sandwhich shop while a Freshman in college. I got the job just to pay for gas. Started working there in November of 2007. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to DH at first - we worked opposite shifts and didn't really start talking until January of 2008. We started dating (although I wouldn't call it dating!) in February.

DH was very dedicated to his pursuit of me, and he was my first boyfriend so I was very hesitant and scared about everything. But he was patient and determined, and on our one year anniversary in 2009 he proposed and I said yes! :) We were married three months later and have been married for about a year and a half now. What constantly amazes me is how he never gave up on me, because I sure gave him a lot of reasons to. It gives me confidence that we can face whatever comes our way - as long as we just never let go of each other.

Just wanted to say how gorgeous your photo is! Congratulations and all the very best for a super long future! I had been married 33 years and love my husband so much - I think it gets better every year that passes :)
Old 08-21-2010, 03:49 AM

Hi Everyone!

What a great topic :"):

I have been married 33 years to the best man in the world for me !
I had been going out with my girlfriend to discos and dances and had met some interesting people through this time
The night I met my husband, Elizabeth (my close friend from work) and I went to a disco called Chequers in Sydney. ( Capital of NSW in Australia) Elizabeth and I had been to this disco/dinner party establishment before - once to a work dinner party with her Mum. We were her "guardians" for that night LOL and were told about the disco nights and decided to go there again for that.

The following weekend - 1st August 1975 Elizabeth and I were dancing our normal routine on the floor. We always had others join us - this was the era of great dance routines and danced and danced and danced -where did we find our energy! We sat down for a sip of our drinks ( you could leave on your table in total safety those days) when two young men introduced themselves and asked if they could sit down and chat. We agreed and chatted for a bit, then got up to dance. Had a great time and about 1am the next morning we went to a local cafe for coffee (in a group). These two young men followed us back to Elizabeths home which was not far from the city to make sure we got home ok! awww :)
PW said goodbye to Elizabeth and I said goodbye to SH. He gave me a gentle kiss goodnight and said he would ring to make a date to go out sometime.
Well short story is we ended up as a great twosome.
He proposed in December 1975 and we were married on my Mum and Dad's 23rd Wedding anniversary the following March.
Our children are 26,29 and 31 and we have one grandson who is almost 5 years old.
Our love grows stronger with every year.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Robinlee
Another Match.com made in heaven match......I was leary about attempting it again, fore I had melt a couple read duds.

But after 5 years I gave it another try. He winked at me, we talked for 2 months online and after the 2nd week online, I allowed him to call me (we would talk upto 4 hours on the phone each night.) We had over 500+ miles between us, so I thought I was pretty safe. Then he went on a snowmobile trip with late wifes' brother's in Montana and decide to (this happened during the week of Valentines - the most beautiful dozen red roses were delivered at daughters house) cut it short and came to South Dakota to meet me in person.

Very much a christian gentleman. Sang in a Country Gospel group in the Turtle Mountains of North Dakota.

The next day he wanted to meet my parents and my oldest daughter, so we drove 180 miles to their houses. A week later we met halfway between each others homes, and he asked me to marry him. Two weeks later, I met his two boys and families. A month later he asked my dad for my hand in marriage. We had planned on waiting a year, but about the end of August, he wanted me in the North Dakota. So we planned a small wedding for Sept 15th at a little country church that he grewup in. This coming September it will be 3 years, but it seems like way more.

He lost his first wife of 28 years (childhood sweethearts) to her 3rd bout of Cancer in 2006, I lost my husband in 1994. And if his wife could of chose anyone for him, I was told it "would of been me". When you fill out the online questions, we matched on everyone of them. He makes my heart melt when he looks at me and he takes my breath away. I have 3 grown children with 5 grandbabies and one on the way this November 2010. He has 2 grown sons with one granddaughter.

And he knew I quilted and did sewing all the time. When he came to visit the first time, I had made him a plaid flannel western shirt. He was floored.......course after that I had to promise to make him one a month (just a few behind). But he understands, cause I have to keep up with all the sewing I do for 6 grandchildren (5 adopted him as grandpa right away). His granddaughter got the first grandchild full bed quilt I made, other then babyquilts that I had done for my own.

Just two people meant to have a 2nd chance at love...........and the story goes on.
Lovely story - so great to head people find each pother eventually ......