Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Did You Meet Your Spouse >

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

Old 08-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

mine was a Big Brother to my son in Houston. when my son was 10 yrs old. after a year my son kept asking him to invite me bowling or baseball game with them. so... when he was 12, i married his Big Brother.
boy, that sounds weird!
Old 08-20-2010, 04:40 PM

The company I worked for did business with the company he owned. We have known each other for 25 years, but will be married 5 years in October. He is the love of my life!
Old 08-20-2010, 04:48 PM

I met DH when I got a job at the local sandwhich shop while a Freshman in college. I got the job just to pay for gas. Started working there in November of 2007. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to DH at first - we worked opposite shifts and didn't really start talking until January of 2008. We started dating (although I wouldn't call it dating!) in February.

DH was very dedicated to his pursuit of me, and he was my first boyfriend so I was very hesitant and scared about everything. But he was patient and determined, and on our one year anniversary in 2009 he proposed and I said yes! :) We were married three months later and have been married for about a year and a half now. What constantly amazes me is how he never gave up on me, because I sure gave him a lot of reasons to. It gives me confidence that we can face whatever comes our way - as long as we just never let go of each other.

Wedding Picture - May 22nd, 2009
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100571[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-100566.jpe  
Old 08-20-2010, 07:07 PM

I was 16, he was 15 when he moved into his Mom's house 2 doors down. He was friends with my brother, they hunted together. After graduation, he would come home on leave from the Army and pick me up because he didn't know anyone else.. One thing lead to another, and we fell in love.. we were married July 3, 1981. We just celebrated our 29th anniversary.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:05 PM

Mary Ellen you made me cry. Reminded me of that story The Notebook where the husband was so dedicated to his wife. God Bless!

Some great, great stories.

We actually met four times before I asked him out.

First time, we didnt actually meet but the newspaper had a big article on me with a really nice headshot. My hubby yanked it out of the paper but then as he read it realized I was married and just threw it out.

Second time, my Mom and I were at a charity event and his was our black jack "dealer" for the nite. We had a great time and my Mom said how nice he was. But I was still married so I just chalked it up to meeting a nice person in this town I had only lived in for a year.

Third time, involved me writing a note taking a student out of a wrestling meet. He was the wrestling coach. He took my note, said he wasnt doing anything a quack chiropractor said, wadded it up and threw it out. The kid's mother called me frantically. I told her either the coach honored my note or I would come in with a lawyer and get him fired for ignoring a doctor's specific orders. He backed down.

Fourth time, we were both at a school board meeting for different reasons. It pays to be involved in your community I guess. Anyway, the community was angry at the school board and there were like 200 people there and they decided to go out and have a drink afterward. By this time, I was newly divorced and thought I needed to meet more people. I sat next to him and introduced myself, I really did not know who he was. As you can imagine, that conversation was really really heated.

A few days later, I thought he was interesting and called to asked him for a date. He just kept hanging around.

It will be 25 years we have been married this Christmas. Yes he works with me in one of those "quack" chiropractic offices as a massage therapist. Funny how the worm turns in life!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 PM

I met my husband while I was a student at the local community college and he was an instructor. He was chaperoning a school function that I attended. My date introduced him to me as his "math teacher". We met again a couple weeks later at a bowling function and he asked me out. I was 19 and he was 24. We dated for the remainder of the school year. It raised quite a stir with some folks, but I was never in any of his classes, so no one could really say anything. He got a job about 500 miles away the next year, but we continued dating while I finished school and married when I graduated...we just celebrated our 41st anniversary.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:37 AM

We met my first weekend in college - 20 years ago this week. He was a sophomore and we lived in the same dorm. A week later, the dorm held a fundraiser by auctioning off the freshmen to the upperclassmen as "slaves". Steve bought me for a whopping 21 cents and while other freshmen were put to work painting rooms, doing laundry, and assembling bunk beds, I got taken out for ice cream. We dated all through college and will celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary in December. We've been blessed with two amazing sons, ages 6 and 4. For 20 years now, without missing a single day, Steve has said to me, "Is there anything I can do for you today?". Amazing.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:54 AM

nunya.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK
nunya.

:lol:
Old 08-21-2010, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by Marjpf
We met while working for the same company. He was on a 6 month contract, and when he left I went with him. 27 years so far - and I am looking forward to the next 27!
Hi
I love your picture of the dog! Is he yours? :thumbup: