View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:55 AM
live2teach

Miranda,

I am still considering the flea market that is opening this weekend, I would LOVE to get more stuff made. You definitely have to advertise. I finally made ME a raggedy purse, rather than giving it away, like the others lol, and everywhere I go, I get orders for them or people are like wow when you make more, bring them back and we will buy them. I know people say that more than they intend to buy, but you will always have someone buying. I know, you cannot carry quilts or wallhangings around but hang them in your house, when you have company they will inquire about them and word will get out. This idea is a "work as you go", or get orders, you make things that people want, that way you haven't just made a quilt and put it on ebay for it to go so cheap it makes you realize that not everyone appreciates quilting...or Quilters for that matter! However, if you were really wanting to sell alot, you might opt for something a little more than advertising, such as a store or flea market, etc. I know what you mean abou time, my problem is getting things made, I LOVE sewing and quilting, but finding time to do it is the utmost awful torture. I have all of these things in my head and PIGS I want to make but no time...I cannot wait until summer gets here, maybe I will have time then. I will start carrying my mini mini's with me and tell people who made them and that you make other things and sell them, then you will have potential customers...sound like a plan? LOL :D