View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 04:23 PM
barnbum

I've sold quite a few now. Doll quilts are $22-40, baby quilts are $100-125, lap quilts are $175-300, and one 82" square one for $900. That one has very narrow strips. I have lots more for sale. I pay to have lap and larger quilted. Everything is done on machine. I ask my quilter what I should sell things for-she steers me in the right direction. I'd have no clue. She feels workmanship has a lot to do with it, and how complicated the pattern is, and how small the pieces.

99% of the time say NO if someone asks if I'll make them a quilt of their choosing for money. Only once did it happen. A student's mom said she'd never survive leaving 5th grade without a quilt from me :roll: and she was willing to pay. I had no idea what to charge, but decided $15 an hour, and said I'd only do a ragged flannel; and it wouldn't go over $300 so she had a top amount. She spent $100 on the fabric. It was a pain to keep track of the time, but it ended up being $260 or so. She gave me $300. I'd just rather have my time to work on what I choose. My time to quilt is so limited right now.

Hope that helps a little!