View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 05:28 AM
quiltingfan

Originally Posted by gail-r
I'm so glad to see this thread and your timing is amazing. i usually make embroidered quilts, mostly Jenny Haskin's stuff. At Christmas my daughter and son-in-law were here from Boise, Danny saw some of the quilts I was working on and said he really like the blue Simon's Folly quilt. I really didn't think much about it until I got a call from him last week. They had been to an Amish store (Penn?) and Danny looked at their quilts, then he made my daughter come over and look at them. He couldn't believe that they were priced at $1000.00. He told me that they weren't half as nice as I make and asked if he could buy the blue one, I felt bad when I told him that it was already sold so I told him that I would make him a quilt for just the cost of supplies and that would run around $300, 2 hours later he called to tell me that he had deposited the money into my account and asked if I could make it blue. So, he is getting a navy, lite cream fabric with navy and amber gold thread. I bought stuff on sale so I am going to surprise them with matching pillow shams. I usually start my prices at around $2500 for an embroidered quilt as I can spent 10 hours of embroidery time on 1 block. I'm just finishing a Sharman's Vintage Garden that has 20 blocks in it and each block averages 8 to 10 hours.