View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 06:50 AM
OmaForFour

Another secret, if you don't want to do an automatic bid it to wait til the very end to put in your bid and not bid during the previous time as it only ends up raising the bid if someone else is interested. If you, for instance, are bidding on something you want to pay $30 and no more, you either put that in as the max and let ebay bid for you OR you wait til the last few minutes of the auction and only bid just above the amount of the last bidder. Either way, you are only going to pay the minimum amount required at that point so why not bid the automatic way and be done with it!
Originally Posted by debbieumphress
For the last week I was the only one bidding on two Mark Lipinski Quilting HOme Mags. Then last night as I watched the countdown.....it went to "0" then I got notes saying I did not win. Someone snuck in at the last second and overbid me by 25 cents. I even had high bids I would go to. I was soooooo..
disappointed. I discovered his mags late and only have 5. Since he left QH I am on a quest to buy whatever I can find. Lesson learned....I can't believe someone did that. I might have to consider it too. I sat here 2 hours waiting ofr other bids so I could go up. I have only bid on Ebay about 20 times. Oh well.