View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
danmar

These rows are not sewn in this picture. They are just laid out so that I could see how it was looking. There were 7 colors in my wedge strips, so continue in the pattern until you have put down 2 rows of 6 colors. Then you will be able to add a full strip of 7 colors for 2 rows and go from there.

After you sew them to the main focus or the main part of the quilt, this is what it will look like.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54809[/ATTACH]

I had already removed one of the strips of 7 colors when I took this picture. When you make yours, there should be 2 rows of 7 colors. Then I worked from light to dark instead of dark to light. Do the same as before, doing 2 rows of each color until you get to the edge of the quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]55454[/ATTACH]

When I have all the rows laid out like they should be, I take them into the sewing machine and sew all the rows together.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]55679[/ATTACH]

Notice that I am working from dark colors to the light colors.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]56043[/ATTACH]

Once you have all the strips sewn, you may want to do a few at a time. But, when the strips are sewn, pin them each to the row where they need to be sewn. Sew each wedge strip to the main focus strips.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]60589[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-54809.jpe   attachment-55454.jpe   attachment-55679.jpe   attachment-56043.jpe   attachment-60589.jpe