View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 09:10 PM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by quilter girl
Yahoo my DH said he would take me to Kansas to look at the quilting machines - I'm so excited. For those of you who have been at a show or are going - should I bring a note book to enter notes at each vendor? or do they give you a bunch of stuff I can refer back to later. I don't think I'll be able to remember what each machine comes with, price etc. What are your thoughts? Now is I could only win the lottery between now and then.
definitely bring a notepad. you'll never remember who said what. the info in the booklets is often vague. ask if the quilter comes with cd instructions as well as a manual. also ask what extras the sales rep will throw in, like no tax or free shipping or extra bobbins and needles. the booklets all sound the same, so ask very detailed questions like 'is there phone help in the evenings?', 'if something is wrong or damaged in shipping, who pays the return shipping?', 'does the company make extras that i might want in the future?', 'can i add a computer later?', like that. don't be shy. also tell them what else you're looking at, so they know what they're competing against. don't keep secrets.

they'll say thing like this: the base price is $$$ without the xxx, but you really should get it because yyy. if you prefer to go without the xxx you can do it manually for the additional price of $$, but you would have to do it this way..... . i'm exaggerating, but that's what it feels like at the time. there's a lot to remember.

good luck. i know you'll find the right one for you. just don't hurry the looking process.