View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 05:42 AM
Joeysnana

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Joeysnana
Yes I made five of these back then, increased two from just small quillows to a full size bed quillow and also a kingsize bed quillow. I don't know just where that pattern is, but you have the right idea. I made the two small quilts from just one large piece of fabric, and had to piece two widths of fabric together for the larger ones, both front and back, and quilted both sides. Then you do add a pocket to one side, at the very end of the quilt with three sides sewn, and the top of the pocket open. This pocket is sewn in the center of the quilt on the very end. leaving some of the quilt on each side. However the pocket is large enough that when the quilt is folded from the other side, and from the ends it will fold into the pocket, thus making a pillow, and where the name quillow comes from. I will not have time this week, because of testing at school, to look for the pattern but will try to do so next weekend, or as soon as possible. When do you need the pattern? I will hunt for the pattern and make a copy and mail to you when I find it. I will get back to you on this site so we can pm each other with address info. You may not need the pattern with this info, but just in case, I will look for it. Hope this helps. Gerbie
Thanks for the kind offer. I did find several websites with good instructions and am in the process of making my quillow this weekend. Other than the usual "disagreements"(we are not friends) with my sewing machine it is going pretty well.