View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:55 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Well I grew up poor and I still am. I started buying fabrics at the thrift shop, I got some really nice stuff from there. Then I started purchasing from WM especially sense other quilters discovered my secret to shopping at the thrift shop and now I can't find any fabrics there worth purchasing. I don't purchase at the LQS cause they are too expensive for me and it would take me forever to get enough fabric to make anything. I have a fairly large stash in my home and 3 to 4 plastic tubs in my folks basement. I can quilt for many years to come and not have to buy for quite a long time. Yeah right like that will ever happen. LOL.
Our fairly new LQS has nice quality fabrics AND the WalMart-type fabrics. (I always shopped at Walmart for fabrics, but was careful to get the better quality pieces.) When WM closed their fabric dept, the LQS opened. The owner told me that she purchases the WM-type fabrics from a person who buys out the WM depts as they shut down. She has those on special tables.