Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
why I have a 'stash' >

why I have a 'stash'

why I have a 'stash'

Old 04-28-2010, 07:49 PM

And would like to add if your my age just in the 50's you might remember the hot pants and short and I mean short dresses with matching panties I BELEIVE the called them sizzler dresses. AT least when they were in style girls and some ladies at least had the decency to wear the matching panty( and they called those gals risque) Today the gals dont even bother to wear any thing under those tight butt showing things and the boys and their nasty boxers showing that is just let's say(want to walk up to them and and yank that boxer to their ears ) I think that what they call fashion and style makes me want to lose my lunch! YUUUK!!
Old 04-30-2010, 04:06 AM

Well I too must confess.....I do love fabric and I do have a stash, not as big as many I've seen on this QB, but it's getting there! I can't pass up on a 'bargain' on quality fabric, so I'll buy the fabric. It's a good habit and now that the prices of fabric will be going up drastically next year, I think we all need to buy more this year before the big price increase.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 04-30-2010, 04:45 AM
Power Poster

I dont have alot of money either, but I have an Aunt and Grandma who sew, so they give me their leftovers....we kind of trade back and forth. Our Salvation Army has a HUGE fabric and craft sale once a year, I mean HUGE, and grandma and I have gotten ALOT of great stuff there, too.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Power Poster

I grew up living in a small trailer with my patents and two siblings. What wasn't used immediately was disposed of. No room. I love to keep things. Mementos, kids papers and gifts, everything. So it goes to follow I never throw any fabric away. So the stash grows and grows.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I grew up living in a small trailer with my patents and two siblings. What wasn't used immediately was disposed of. No room. I love to keep things. Mementos, kids papers and gifts, everything. So it goes to follow I never throw any fabric away. So the stash grows and grows.
Hey, at least you'll still be quilting when the rest of us can't afford to buy fabric as the prices will be rising drastically next year....so you'll be set for awhile.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna