View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 02:03 PM
weezie

My stash is not huge, especially compared with some I've seen on this QB. I have a stash for two reasons:

1. Because I usually hate shopping, on the rare days that I am in a shopping mood, I need to take advantage of that mood.

2. Some shopping trips are super productive and some trips are a total waste of time and I come home with nothing to show for time and effort spent.

On a shopping mood day that also happens to be a productive shopping day, I can't afford to pass up fabric that I like; I'm sure to regret it if I don't get it when I have the opportunity.

On the other side of the coin, I still have a huge box of quality garment fabric and new patterns (for clothes no longer in style) and lots of brand new clothes I made that I've never worn. The company that I worked for was sold in 1994 and, as the seller's secretary, I shortly thereafter lost my job. I never needed nor could summon up the enthusiasm to get another job, so I quit making clothing. This is sadly a perfect example of overbuying and/or not being able to see into the future.