View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 04:57 AM
sewcrafty

Well there is a way to halt things. Supply and demand just like gas!! If everyone halted purchases and got from other sources, Goodwill, Salvation, yard sales, etc.

Quilting has become a very lucrative business. The prices for some of the notions, books, etc. I"ve purchased in the past have gone up soooooo much I can't understand how individuals just getting into this craft can afford it all. I'm just glad I purchased when I did, its made a huge difference on my pocketbook. Can't imagine just starting out in this!! Just look at what they charge for a rectangular piece of plastic with grid lines. Maybe, I'm being generous here, a nickle to make? What a profit margin!!

You can go to Home Depot, Lowes, etc. and purchase a large sheet of plex-glass and cut it down, have multiple sizes, put sticky back grid on back and mark top with permanent marker. Its not like a lot of engineering has gone into this!!

Sorry for rambling, but I hate it when people get it put to them!! I guess I'm just a frugal yankee!!