View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 01:34 PM
Diannia

Originally Posted by Henriellen Kibler
Hi Diannia, That is a beautiful strip quilt. You could do that in any color couldn't you? But I do like the purple. Thank you for showing us.
Henri
Yes, you could do it in any colorway. It was done as a scrappy in the original with all different colors. I made mine purple for my mom. She's in a nursing home w/Alzheimers. Her favorite flower is Lilacs so I decided to do it in purple and call it Lilac Love. I hand quilted it using the big stitch technique w/verigated purple floss. I used a flower template for the quilting design then created my own template for the border. It was her full name with flowers on each side of it. I was hoping that by having her name on it it would stay with her better. I know how things can often get misplaced in a Nursing Home especially w/Alzheimers patients. My sister-in-law does all her laundry and only takes her the quilt occasionally. She said she's afraid it will "walk away" and wants me to have it when the time comes. I told her I'd rather my mom got to use it and if it walks then it walks. Oh well.