Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 117 of 247 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 116 117 118 127 167 217 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    Thank you Leslie for the wonderful gift. The scissors and pins are the best, and the little basket of quilting goodies is just darling. XO

PS: as promised, here is a pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice and those siccors will come in handy.

Blog Entries
    Oh yes, Sheree...I love those type of scissors...I have a pair and I'm ruined now for the regular ones.

I'm so glad you got your prize Sheree!!! Those scissors took forever to come in to the shop! The little quilter's ornament was made by Jane Davis, a member of the board. That is my "spring basket" she made me. She makes one with Christmas fabrics so you can put it on your tree. I just think those are sooooo cute!

Now I have to think of a new prize for the next winner. I figured those scissors and pins would come in way handy for all the applique and small cutting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    I'm so glad you got your prize Sheree!!! Those scissors took forever to come in to the shop! The little quilter's ornament was made by Jane Davis, a member of the board. That is my "spring basket" she made me. She makes one with Christmas fabrics so you can put it on your tree. I just think those are sooooo cute!

Now I have to think of a new prize for the next winner. I figured those scissors and pins would come in way handy for all the applique and small cutting, etc.
    You're the best!

Very nice prize Sherri.

Sheree, what a fun prize!! Esqmommy, you did a great job picking it out.

I did not go to the trouble of using the software for the planning. If you send an email for assistance once you're registered with EQ, they are fantastic about explaining step by step but didn't want to devote the time to it back in December.

I just drew it on paper. As I complete blocks, I place a colored square over the space to be sure i didn't miscalculate anywhere...plus, it seems like I'm making progress!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by retrogirl02
    Sheree, what a fun prize!! Esqmommy, you did a great job picking it out.

I did not go to the trouble of using the software for the planning. If you send an email for assistance once you're registered with EQ, they are fantastic about explaining step by step but didn't want to devote the time to it back in December.

I just drew it on paper. As I complete blocks, I place a colored square over the space to be sure i didn't miscalculate anywhere...plus, it seems like I'm making progress!! LOL
    We most definitely are making progress!

Agreed, we are definitely making progress but I keep my blocks tucked away for safe keeping. Usually, I have projects laying around in the sewing room or posted on my display board. Keeping the colored grid helps keep me going without pulling all of them out.

I'm thinking I better get it in gear to keep track of where my blocks are in the layout before it gets too far along and "out of control". I keep procrastinating about it! LOL

Oh Sheree, lovely prize pic, but I thought we were going to see YOU with the prize. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
    Oh Sheree, lovely prize pic, but I thought we were going to see YOU with the prize. LOL!
    LOL!!!

Blog Entries
    Well, I finally finished my first block, but it looks like I did one that hasn't been done yet! It's BR1, Rosemary's Rainbow.

[IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...rysrainbow.jpg[/IMG]

I've got to go looking on the board here for some PP 101 help as I normally don't do PP and struggled with this. But I like it!

Blog Entries
    Quilter 7....I really like that one and yes, you DID good!! Amma here on the board did a good pp tutorial...check that one out... for some help. Then if you have questions....just ask..we'll all be glad to help if we can :lol:

Great job, Quilter7x. Pp is neat when you get the hang of it. I am a big fan of pp for small patches to keep them the correct size. My seam allowances, even with a 1/4 inch foot are not always true.

Oh definitely, check out Amma's tutorial! It's in the Famous Jane Stickle Quilt Virtual section so you can find it quickly. I think your triangle looks fantastic! And paper piecing just takes lots of practice - you are well on your way!

Good job Quilter7! Once you get familiar/comfortable with PP, I think your going to love it!

quilter7 beautiful block. pp is wonderful. when i started this project i was terrified of pping. i found the pp tute and that was all she wrote. now i absolutely luv pping. once you get the hang of it and figure out which blocks have to be mirrored it makes putting these together easier, some blocks are still more difficult than others but with all of these wonderful gals on this forum you can't lose. they are absolutely the most fabulous group of people i have ever met.

Blog Entries
    One of the things I have a hard time with is figuring out if the piece I'm sewing on will fit the space. I took a couple of pieces off last night because they weren't the right shape.

Oh yeah, on one of the strips, I actually cut the whole thing off when I was triming down to 1/4"! Please, please tell me you've all "been there, done that". Who ever knew PP would be so intimidating!

Quliter7x,
    Cutting does take some getting used to. I turn my piece over if I'm getting confused. Since the pieces are not always symmetrical, I was cutting backwards. Also, I increased the size of my pieces and trim after it's in place. THAT saves a lot of time. Once you get the hang of it (and I'm new to pp also) it's second nature for the most part. Occasionally I still cut backwards and laugh about it as long as I have more fabric to re-cut. =)
    I started with Amma's tute also.

Been there done that, Quilter 7! I did it just the other day when I was feeling confident! Bam, I cut the good part right off! Your tri looks great BTW!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    Been there done that, Quilter 7! I did it just the other day when I was feeling confident! Bam, I cut the good part right off! Your tri looks great BTW!
    Thank you, and I'm kind of glad to hear some other people who have been there, done that. :oops:

If it was right everytime,would we feel we were learning anything

just a quickie as things are not good here. When you make your pattern either trace it out or print it out again so you have two copies. Number the pieces as in the pattern. Now cut the shapes out in the paper. Now all you have to do is place these pieces onto your fabric. Cut at lease 1/2" bigger than the paper. You should then have the perfectly sized piece.

Only know this because I was a dressmaker. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Thanks Butterfly, I will do that.

I hope things get better for you and your family fast.

Page 117 of 247 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 116 117 118 127 167 217 ... LastLast