Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

They are not computer specific, though your topic log is, when you view it it will disappear and reappear when someone posts again. not sure what to suggest other than book marking them if you want to come back before someone else posts, they will also change order as people post, they appear in order of the last posted. so every time someone posts on one of your watched items it moves to the top of the list.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
They are not computer specific, though your topic log is, when you view it it will disappear and reappear when someone posts again. not sure what to suggest other than book marking them if you want to come back before someone else posts, they will also change order as people post, they appear in order of the last posted. so every time someone posts on one of your watched items it moves to the top of the list.
Sorry... you're right, I was thinking of the topic list. I only realised last night that it was different on my laptop, I thought i was going mad! lol
Old 01-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

You just need to take note of what section you are in and click on it, though with them moving things some times that doesn't work either, I am usually on several different things like DH's laptop, my computer, the kids computer and my ipod, so even that can get confusing as it doesn't highlight the last page that I looked at even, you would think that I would learn to stick to one and not all.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:11 PM

You just need to take note of what section you are in and click on it, though with them moving things some times that doesn't work either, I am usually on several different things like DH's laptop, my computer, the kids computer and my ipod, so even that can get confusing as it doesn't highlight the last page that I looked at even, you would think that I would learn to stick to one and not all.
That's what I hadn't done, noted which section each bit was in. A search on "Dear Jane" is another way to find things, because they all have it in the title. Quite interesting to see the other threads on Jane too.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:55 PM

I keep forgetting to say......

I don't know how everyone is labelling their blocks (or even if people are) but I tossed around a few ideas and settled on a fabric pen... I've been writing the name of the block (A1, B2, etc) on the back on one of the seam allowances. So no chance of it showing through, and no chance of it falling off (like stickers), and it's not going to use up all my pins either! :-)
Old 01-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Power Poster

They have to be careful if they are pinning them, some pins rust no matter what they say on the box.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I keep forgetting to say......

I don't know how everyone is labelling their blocks (or even if people are) but I tossed around a few ideas and settled on a fabric pen... I've been writing the name of the block (A1, B2, etc) on the back on one of the seam allowances. So no chance of it showing through, and no chance of it falling off (like stickers), and it's not going to use up all my pins either! :-)
I have pins in right now. I'll label them this weekend.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Power Poster

I am just stacking them in a drawer, I may have to find a bigger drawer before I am done, though once I have three good ones in the one print I am going to make a table topper for my mom,
Old 01-11-2010, 08:49 PM

They have to be careful if they are pinning them, some pins rust no matter what they say on the box.
:shock: That's not good, I didn't know that. I was more worried about whether I even owned 200 and something pins.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Power Poster

yup, my mom went and bought special non rusting ones to do some starching and they rusted ever so bad on some of her crocheted things, it makes me cringe to see pins stuck in something for a long time, and I have seen other stuff as well, some times the pin marks can be a pain as well, especially if they are sittin there for long enough, some of these will be sitting for a year and a half.