Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 04-07-2010, 09:07 PM

Tiffany, I went through the Gall Bladder stuff three years ago now and it was so painful and relief once out. Glad you got your quilting finished in time. Welcome back to the DJ's. Wishing you much better health!
Old 04-08-2010, 04:17 AM
Power Poster

Hey Tiff!!! I wondered what happened to you! We've missed you here. Don't worry about being "on time"...there is no on time or late...we are all different. You just get well and back in quilting shape soon. :D
Old 04-08-2010, 05:03 AM

Welcome back Tiff. I am new but am here every day to read and get acquainted. I am still on wk 13 will finish it today. Dont get to work on it every day. Jolo
Old 04-08-2010, 06:54 AM

Welcome back Tiffany! Sorry to hear about your health - what a bummer. I hope they are able to diagnose you soon, and come up with a good fix!! NO worries around here...do what you can when you can. You know we'll be running this thread through next summer (can you imagine ladies!!) so take your time. Just glad to see you back.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:31 PM

I'm reading Pg 154. Is it right that you're suppose to call This quilt, That Quilt or Jane sickley's and Not Dear Jane??? I/We bought the software why do we have to call it something else??? I guess I'd call mine My Secret Quilt,as only 3 know anything about it. By the time I get it done and 150 years pass by My folks will probely Print it in whatever then I'll be in Heaven saying what are they Thinking!!! But Yea it will be a Lot Different. But the blocks are mostly traditional except the triangles which I am finally making my own way or a Variation but some areWay Different, Like I Love to do Different. So Yea I got thru my quilt burnout and ready for a quilting marathon this weekend!!!On My Secret Quilt!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:54 AM

Love the name "My Secret Quilt" Glad you have made it through your burnout.

Glad to see you posting again Tiffany. The quilt you made for the wedding is beautiful.

deb
Old 04-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

Glad to see you back Tiffany, sorry about the agonising pains - must have been dreadful. I hope 'they' soon sort you out and you make a good recovery. Don't worry about being behind, we are all at differenct stages.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:46 AM

What does anyone think about using plain setting triangles the same colour as the sashing? Do you think it would make the blocks stand out or would it loose the 'scrap' look too much. Oh, all these thoughts to sort out, I'm sure Jane never planned her quilt so carefully! I would appreciate your help though.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:28 PM

Ha! No surgery for me, at least not now. I'm on some new medication that I have to get compounded or order from Canada since it's not FDA approved. :roll: Hopefully things will straighten out soon and I'll be as good as new, or at least able to quilt without too much pain. Seems my stomach decided to stop working & when I ate, it wouldn't push any of the food through. My sister-in-law has the same thing so at least I'm familiar with it.

Now I can officially get started on my DJ blocks. Finally! Unfortunately I'm also working on a couple of baby quilts and a quilt I got trapped into doing for a family member. Plus I'm doing a UFO Challenge so I still have to keep up with that.

At least the wedding quilt and the other baby quilts are finished and delivered. :thumbup:
Old 04-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
What does anyone think about using plain setting triangles the same colour as the sashing? Do you think it would make the blocks stand out or would it loose the 'scrap' look too much. Oh, all these thoughts to sort out, I'm sure Jane never planned her quilt so carefully! I would appreciate your help though.
I am already intending to do that, because I want to quilt a pretty design in each triangle, and I think my plain background fabric will do nicely. I have ordered a slightly darker batik fabric for cornerstones and matching binding though. I am still debating with myself about whether to use half inch sashing or three quarter inch, which would bring the size up a couple of inches. I have a king size bed, and 80in isn't all that big, is it?