Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 180 of 247 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 179 180 181 190 230 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Elle, you can definitly uncross your eyes, now - PLEASE!!!
    Heck didnīt know I had that much power. two jobs in that many days, thats great. well the eyes are now officially uncrossed, but I am so glad I did cross them for you LOL

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Elle, you can definitly uncross your eyes, now - PLEASE!!!
    Heck didnīt know I had that much power. two jobs in that many days, thats great. well the eyes are now officially uncrossed, but I am so glad I did cross them for you LOL
    And I thank you so very much! He has to make his decision today.

Blog Entries
    Oh and what a decision to make! When it rains, it pours huh? I'm glad that he is now in the driver seat to make his own decision. Its funny how things tend to work out. We'll be thinking about ya'll. I know he'll make the right decision for you both. :D:

Gee...I didn't know you had that much power either Elle:lol:

Blog Entries
    Dear All,

We are staying here in Hobbs. He's coming out to the prison to work there. We will be able to drive together!

Blog Entries
    Fanntastic news Kathy, I am so pleased for both of you. - Can Elle do the same thing for all of us?

Blog Entries
    Oh that sounds like a great decision Kathy! I'm so glad that things are working out. Now you can get your mind back on working on your Jane :lol:!! So now that you won't be moving, what will you do with all that "new found" time you'll have on your hands? *snickering and running so you can't catch me*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Oh that sounds like a great decision Kathy! I'm so glad that things are working out. Now you can get your mind back on working on your Jane :lol:!! So now that you won't be moving, what will you do with all that "new found" time you'll have on your hands? *snickering and running so you can't catch me*
    Oh, how I'd love to get back to JJ, but this breast cancer quilt is doing me in! The Warden called me today to ask if I could have it done and ready to ship by Friday, the 5th. The lady's surgery date has been moved up to Tuesday, the 9th. He wants to overnight it up to Santa Fe so it's at the Secretary of Correction's office on Monday so he can get it to the lady before her surgery. Sure, I said - I just won't have a life for the second weekend in a row. I figure that I can get the top finished tomorrow. Monday, the inmates & I will tie it. I'll get the binding on and sew it down Tuesday and Wednesday if needed, get a picture of it, & get it to him on Thursday - giving me 1 cushion day. I love my job! I love my job! I love my. . .

Going to spend money now. Amazon.com, here I come!!!! :)

Great news on the non-move, Kathy! I understand about not having any time to yourself for the second weekend. I need my me time.

Sounds like things worked out just perfect for both of you!

So glad that things worked out for you Kathy and that you are staying put someplace you so obviously love but were prepared to give up at one point.

Just think all that petrol heis going to save, more material money yep thats what I think.

I will willing cross my eyes for anyone here on this thread, however there will now be a small extra charge as I will possibly have to have an operation to change them back seeing as you are all hoping for things in your life to happen.

Elle :-D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Just think all that petrol heis going to save, more material money yep thats what I think.

Elle :-D
    Elle, we love you! will help foot the bill for the surgery! As far as saving $ on gas - well - the home we would have built in Waco was only about 10 minutes drive from his office. Presently, we live a 30 minute drive from the prison. When he was working for the college, it, too was out near the prison, so we both filled our tanks every week. Now we will drive in his car together. His car has the wheelchair lift.

Last night, he said that he had just realized that he now had to go to work - Monday at 8:30 - and it made him HAPPY! I think that was very telling about how being unemployed has had its effect on him. So much for retirement for him.

As for money to buy fabric - I will now be able to buy/order all the fabric I need, but first on the list are books, thread & storage units. I want to re-do the sewing room! We started a list of all we want to do to the house, too.

How exciting Kathy, isn't it wonderful how things work out, sometimes surprising, but generally for the best...

I just finished printing off all the remaining blocks! I am not ahead of schedule, so maybe I should enjoy these last blocks and not rush them. :D I know it will be a little sad when this is completed, but there are several projects waiting, as this one has been all consuming for my available sewing time. Looking back, had I known just how time consuming and some of these blocks are pure insanity, I doubt I would have started this project, but I am so glad I did! It is a sad happiness that the end is coming closer. :D

Blog Entries
    I'll chip in for your surgery too Elle. :wink:...it's so nice to know that I know somebody with your powers for when I need to have them!

Kathy...I'm really happy for you both. Retirement when it wasn't planned isn't really a great retirement. Its always much better when you are the one making that decision. Sounds like the plan is back on track for you guys.

Wil, I sure know what you mean. This project was really over my head and skill level for this point in time...but I've learned soooo much, and I'm so happy that I've stuck with it to this far. I just want to keep pushing myself so that it won't end up in that dreaded UFO pile waiting to be put together and quilted. I remember how I felt when I printed off the last of the patterns. We still have a ways to go..but the milestone of finishing all the blocks is getting really close!

Blog Entries
    I'll chip in for your surgery too Elle. :wink:...it's so nice to know that I know somebody with your powers for when I need to have them!

Kathy...I'm really happy for you both. Retirement when it wasn't planned isn't really a great retirement. Its always much better when you are the one making that decision. Sounds like the plan is back on track for you guys.

Wil, I sure know what you mean. This project was really over my head and skill level for this point in time...but I've learned soooo much, and I'm so happy that I've stuck with it to this far. I just want to keep pushing myself so that it won't end up in that dreaded UFO pile waiting to be put together and quilted. I remember how I felt when I printed off the last of the patterns. We still have a ways to go..but the milestone of finishing all the blocks is getting really close!
    Way to go Patti - great stuff. And no, we won't let you leave it as a UFO, this one has to go all the way after all the work you have put into it. Just keep visualising how it will be to sleep under it, or have it hanging on the wall for all to admire.

Blog Entries
    Patti - Are you talking about Chocolate Jane being way over your head? You are doing such a wonderful, lovely job, I can't imagine you're in too deep.

Keep on plugging away. Get those blocks together and sew those triangle borders. Just remember it's way easier on the machine than by hand. I have thought numerous times that I should just go ahead and sew the whole thing together by machine, but then my little quilt angel argues back not to listen to the quilt devil and finish it the way you started it, so I am plugging along, too.

I know you can do it and these ladies are sooooo supportive!

Blog Entries
    Oh gosh thank you ladies....I originally planned to quilt the little blocks in the manner of how Lesley did it...QAYG..but by machine. I recently changed my plans, but may be able to change them back...we'll see how it goes. But yes, Kathy...I didn't know how to do lots of the things required for some of the blocks in this quilt, like "y" seams, set in seams, curves, sharp pointy melons by applique...so I'm still not perfect at those things, but at least I CAN do them!

I say congrats on doing the whole thing by hand. I just can't imagine doing that! If I couldn't have PP'd a lot of the blocks, I'm not sure where I would be right now...

Lesley, every time I think...I'll just set it aside until I get some other stuff done....I think about you and your beautifully finished quilt and I jump right back in! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Oh gosh thank you ladies....I originally planned to quilt the little blocks in the manner of how Lesley did it...QAYG..but by machine. I recently changed my plans, but may be able to change them back...we'll see how it goes. But yes, Kathy...I didn't know how to do lots of the things required for some of the blocks in this quilt, like "y" seams, set in seams, curves, sharp pointy melons by applique...so I'm still not perfect at those things, but at least I CAN do them!

I say congrats on doing the whole thing by hand. I just can't imagine doing that! If I couldn't have PP'd a lot of the blocks, I'm not sure where I would be right now...

Lesley, every time I think...I'll just set it aside until I get some other stuff done....I think about you and your beautifully finished quilt and I jump right back in! :lol:
    Patti, your work is wonderful!!! I still haven't done that many Y seams, & I really don't like them! PPing a 64-point Mariner's Compass is much easier!!!

I need to do something with lots of them for practice. Sylvia's Bridal Sampler has quite a few blocks that require them.

Like I said earlier, you do great work. I figured that you were a very experienced quilter. I think you should be really proud of your accomplishments. I love it when I'm working with a not-so-experienced quilter and she plunges ahead and challenges herself to grow in her skills. So many quilters keep holding themselves back because it looks hard or they are afraid they will mess up. So what. If you make a mistake, either live with it or try to fix it. The world isn't going to end.

() () () & //// \\\\ //// \\\\ (hugs & pats on the back!)

Way to go girl!

Blog Entries
    Oh thank you Kathy. I don't consider myself a beginner quilter, but not a long time experienced one either. I just picked up a needle in 2006. Before that, my idea of sewing was to find the stapler or roll of duct tape :oops: But, I wanted a quilt, so to get one I knew I'd have to learn to make one. I'm the type of person who sees the more complicated things and decides THAT is the one I want to do..forget learning on the easy stuff :lol:..but anyway, I have learned alot. I think I would recommend that all beginning quilters make this quilt. The blocks are small, so if one isn't perfect..you can't even find it in the quilt as a whole. They are alot easier to live with that way. Thanks for the pats and hugs :D:

Blog Entries
    Patti, I wish you lived close by - we could go out for coffee and chocolate dessert!

Blog Entries
    I'm with you on the blocks Patti, if one doesn't seem perfect when you hold it in your hand on it's own, just put it in the quilt and it disappears. As for the quilting, if you have a lot of hanging around to do, then doing them by hand is perfect - all you need is a needle, thread and scissors (plus the blocks and batting that is). I was getting 5 or 6 done in an evening in front of the TV, so it really doesn't take all that long in the grand scheme of things to get them done.

I think most of us have learned a lot doing this quilt - few of us had tried everything before starting, so we all learned something along the way. I know I did - now I am not afraid of using those methods any more.

Blog Entries
    I agree Lesley, everyone can learn from the quilt. I like to learn at least 1 new thing with every quilt that I make. This one teaches more than just the 1 thing :lol:

Kathy, I'd love to take you up on that! I'm going ahead and starting on the coffee now...can you pass the chocolate please??:wink:

Blog Entries
    Coming right up! Dark or milk?

Blog Entries
    :lol:...I'm an addict, so either that you have handy is fine with me! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Can't even tell you not to get chocolate on that quilt of yours, can we? It wouldn't show if you did!

Blog Entries
    :lol:...and now why do you think I made that choice???

I just wanted to let you all know I posted week 44 and week 45. Do you want me to go ahead and post week 46?

Page 180 of 247 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 179 180 181 190 230 ... LastLast