Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 80 of 247 FirstFirst ... 30 70 79 80 81 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 6168

Thread: [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Your 'Optical' piece is awesome and I would love to learn that as well Kelly! Who needs sleep anyway?

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    I'm also in on the optical illusion quilt. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    LOL If you want, we'll hassle you.... a mass email every day saying ARE YOU DONE YET? ARE YOU DONE YET? HOW BOUT NOW? ;-)

I have a couple of reject blocks and I've made them into coasters, they look cool! And being rejects, I can put a can of coke on them and not worry when the condensation drips down. Or those pesky coffee rings cause hubby slopped my coffee when he delivered it! So hard to get good help these days :roll: *sigh*
    LOL! Now that's a good idea. I may have to do that with my reject blocks, for I imagine I'll have a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    LOL If you want, we'll hassle you.... a mass email every day saying ARE YOU DONE YET? ARE YOU DONE YET? HOW BOUT NOW? ;-)

I have a couple of reject blocks and I've made them into coasters, they look cool! And being rejects, I can put a can of coke on them and not worry when the condensation drips down. Or those pesky coffee rings cause hubby slopped my coffee when he delivered it! So hard to get good help these days :roll: *sigh*
    LOL! Now that's a good idea. I may have to do that with my reject blocks, for I imagine I'll have a few.
    I thought so too *puffs chest out* ;-)

I've made coasters before but they're almost too good to use. These look cool (don't look too closely) but I don't mind using them.

I'm overextended, and swore I would not sign up for anything else. I'll just watch from afar..and admire of course! Plus, I can cheer you all on!

Come on Rachel, you know it will drive you crazy if you don't do it!! You know what they say about sleep!

I can't...really. I'm doing Doll quilt Swaps, my daughter's class auction quilt, the IRR (two rounds) and the DJ, plus I want to make at least 4 other quilts this year...soooooooo.....

Plus, I do NOT believe sleep is overrated. I fall asleep FAST every night and have a hard time waking up. It's because I get no exercize so I plan to change that (soon, really!) but I do loooove my shut-eye. I had a period where I was waking up at 2 and could not get back to sleep, but thank goodness that's over.

Seriously, I will just admire all of you...:)

No pressure Rachel! Just funning ya! We need all the admirers we can get!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Quote Originally Posted by kluedesigns
    maybe we can do a side project to the cyber party.

we can do the jane stuff and then on the "off" weeks we can all work on the optical illusion quilt together.
    Count me in! Hell, sleep is over rated anyway. ;-)
    ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!! Count me in!

I am definitely going with Confetti Jane. If it gets turned into a UFO (dear God please NOT another one!) then it'll get called "Confetti Jane Goes Bust." :lol:
    LMAO!!

what a perfect name for a UFO

Banned
    Klue, can we have Wk 1, Wk 2, etc in the thread Titles? It will be easier to see which is which that way.
    yes, i will start doing that. its too late for me to correct the ones that are up and i don't want to deal with admin or the moderators to correct it.

i'll just do it on all the new ones that go up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Janstar
    Your 'Optical' piece is awesome and I would love to learn that as well Kelly! Who needs sleep anyway?
    sleep is very over rated. i wish we never need to sleep just think of all the things we could get done.

quilt production would double or even triple :-D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
    I'm also in on the optical illusion quilt. Love it!
    ok, what i'll do is set up an optical illusion that can be done during the "off" week.

so for this upcoming break. i'll put together the basic idea and how to cut and make the strip sets.

then the next time we'll go over cross cutting the strip sets into the illusion sections and sewing them together to form the top.

it will be quick because 1 panel is only 25 inches in size.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    I'm overextended, and swore I would not sign up for anything else. I'll just watch from afar..and admire of course! Plus, I can cheer you all on!
    i'm going to make the directions as files so you'll be able to download them and keep them for a later date even.

the illusion quilts make nice gifts for boys/guys.

I can't...really. I'm doing Doll quilt Swaps, my daughter's class auction quilt, the IRR (two rounds) and the DJ, plus I want to make at least 4 other quilts this year...soooooooo.....

Plus, I do NOT believe sleep is overrated. I fall asleep FAST every night and have a hard time waking up. It's because I get no exercize so I plan to change that (soon, really!) but I do loooove my shut-eye. I had a period where I was waking up at 2 and could not get back to sleep, but thank goodness that's over.

I have to go along with esqmommy. I want to make about 6 simple quilts for family memebers this year and I'm already feeling the tug of getting behind on the DJ. I have to have my sleep and it because I have a long commute to work and I have actually had to pull off the road and get 40 winks so I can continue to drive because of lack of sleep. I go, go go for about 3 days and then it catches up with me and in a hard way. Sleep does get in my way but my body and mind shutdown when they've had enough abuse. I will be in the cheering section this go around.

WOW!! being off-line SUCKS!! I just quickly read about 40 pages!! :shock: you ladies are so busy!! I have not started yet :-( still finishing other projects but hope to get started real soon. going to check the loibrary for the book. all the blocks and fabrics you ladies have picked out and started look awesome so keep up the great work! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tiffany-glad you like my avatar--i just love fairies! I also love the name of your DJ, I'm thinking about doing a scrappy one also with 1950's fabrics!
    I may try the optical illusion on the off weeks-if I can get caught up with everything!! Klue-I love the optical illusion that you did, it looks amazing and i definitely want to do one. I look forward to looking at the tutorial--you are amazing doing all these things!!

Banned
    I haven't started yet either. Had the flu for 10 days so I am just now getting my strength back. I hope to start in the next few weeks. I will probably always be behind!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflyquilter
    I haven't started yet either. Had the flu for 10 days so I am just now getting my strength back. I hope to start in the next few weeks. I will probably always be behind!!!
    I wouldn't worry. Once you get a on a roll, you can glide right through them!!! You'll be caught up in no time.

Blog Entries
    you should try a mini me jr - i think its going to be so much fun.
    Okay, what is a "mini me jr"?

No pressure here. I will gladly accept any admiration you want to send this way...once I get started that is. ;)

Butterflyquilter - Feel better!!

Blog Entries
    I'm with Ratchel, Just not enough time to take on another project. I will do the wow! and good job! and give any encouragement you need. It's going to be fun watching you all make the quilt.
    :-D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrise450
    you should try a mini me jr - i think its going to be so much fun.
    Okay, what is a "mini me jr"?
    i'm making a miniature Jane Quilt (exactly half the size) out of red, white, and indigo in the exact layout as the traditional size jane that i'm making.

the traditional size jane quilted is named American City Jane and the miniature size jane quilted is named Mini Me because its the mini version of the other quilt.

the mini me jr name is now being floated because she's thinking about making a mini jane too.

ARRRGGGHHHH!!! My fabric isn't here yet! They said it would ship on Monday. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Quote Originally Posted by bearpaw
    ARRRGGGHHHH!!! My fabric isn't here yet! They said it would ship on Monday. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    :-( That must be so frustrating!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bearpaw
    thats just a killer - who did you order from - lets all send them emails asking for status

Page 80 of 247 FirstFirst ... 30 70 79 80 81 90 130 180 ... LastLast